• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cleaning Canvas Seat Covers?

mhb285

I need to clean the Passenger canvas seat cover. Its in good shape, with no holes in it. How can I do it without shrinking it?
Just a little soap in cold water and hang it dry ?
I'm open to sugestion.
Thanks
Mike Bogner

papercu

cleaning

Depend on why you need to clean it. Wayne
From the manuals:
Canvas that has mildewed can be cleaned by scrubbing with a dry brush. If it is necessary to use water to remove dirt, it should not be used until mildew has been removed. After removing mildew, examine fabric. Look for evidence of deterioration. If canvas has deteriorated, it should be replaced.

Mildew must be removed with a bristle brush before canvas paulin can be
properly cleaned and aired. Wash with warm. soapy water and dry with soft cloth.

oil or grease? use Saddle soap, warm water, soft brush, and dry rags.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: seat

Aw, just put someones butt in it with pants you don't care about. Drive around 4 or 5 days, and it'll be clean! :wink:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: seat

Rust is going to be a PITA to get off. Might try some oxolic acid in a remote area to see how the fabric reacts. No guarantees.

mhb285

Well I hand washed it it cold water and a little detergent. Then rund it up in the shower to drip dry.... Looks pretty good. Lot of dirt on it. I'll put it on on Saturday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks