• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clear Blue Dash Light Lenses

Lex_Ordo

I bought some of the Clear Red lenses recently from Frank's Surplus on eBay and want to also get about 6 or 8 of the clear blue lenses. He doesn't have them.

Does anyone have a good source for New, clear blue dash light lenses?

Nice thing about the clear red or blue is that you can paint the tops whatever color you want, or keep them un-painted.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have found only a few on take out dash panels at the bone yard. I will keep an eye peeled for more.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The blue high beam ones I have aren't painted buy have a metal shroud on them. I can remove the shroud.

jimm1009

If you are delicate about it you can transfer the lense cover from one color lense to another.
The high beam indicator is red if you have a military correct deuce because red is the offically correct night light that is the least distracting when transitioning from darkness to night lights in ships, tanks, trucks, tents, etc.
The high beam indicator can be used as a instrument light cover too if you tape over the dot and paint it about three coats.
You can also take a high beam indicator and transplant a instrument light cover (no dot in the center) but you must be very careful not to tear the metal too much.
Good luck

Lex_Ordo

Thanks for the replies.
I agree that the red light is for low loss night vision operations.
I was thinking, that since the turn signal indicator is solid green, why not make my air shift front axle indicator solid red(which I already did), and make my high beam indicator solid blue. Just to color the dash up a bit :)

Anyway, I didn't know about the covers over the lenses.
After reading these posts, I took a closer look at the lenses, and saw that in deed they do have covers on them. I always thought they were painted.
I am going to call Saturn, and order some of the High Beam Blue lenses. They will fit the bill. Maybe I will get some extra, and see if I can't remove the cover. Seems like they're on there pretty tight. Might end up screwing up the lens rying to remove it.

Anyway, thanks guys.

jimm1009

They are on pretty tight but generally they are a thin brass cover that is swaged aront the flat edge and can be removed with care.
I would be interested in seeing those lenses too.

I agree that the red is a little boring as well.

Why not alter it some...make it your own by golly! ;)

jimm1009

simoncrk

I bought some of the Clear Red lenses recently from Frank's Surplus on eBay and want to also get about 6 or 8 of the clear blue lenses. He doesn't have them.

Does anyone have a good source for New, clear blue dash light lenses?

Nice thing about the clear red or blue is that you can paint the tops whatever color you want, or keep them un-painted.
Rapco has them. I bought some off of him this summer

Lex_Ordo

I found the manufacturer of these lens covers. Here are the part numbers if anyone is interested.

Here are the part numbers:

7358672 Lens, Red
7358672-1 Lens, Blue
7358672-2 Lens, Green
7358672-3 Lens, Amber
7358672-4 Lens, Clear

7358621 Lens, Red w/ solid cover - 383 green
7358621-1 Lens, Blue w/ solid cover - 383 green
7358622 Lens, Red, Cover w/ hole - High Beam Indicator - 383 green
7356822-1 Lens, Blue, Cover w/ hole - High Beam Indicator - 383 green

Last edited:

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who is the manufacturer? I would like to get some for my projects also!!!

Thanks!!! popacom / BILL in KY>:drool:<

P.S. Maybe if there are enough members interested we could talk to the mods. about a group buy. Usually reduces the unit cost when you talk qty. Just a thought.......BILL

Last edited:

Lex_Ordo

Sorry. I put the part/ contractor info in a different thread.

Here is the contractor info along with the part numbers for each lens.

Tiem Engineering Corp
202 Beaver St.
PO Box 790
Yorkville, IL 60560
Tel. 630-553-7484

Lens, Red - P/N 7358672
Lens, Blue - P/N 7358672-1
Lens, Green - P/N 7358672-2
Lens, Amber - P/N 7358672-3

Lens, Red with 383 OD Cover - P/N 7358621
Lens, Blue with 383 OD Cover - P/N 7358621-1

Hope this helps.

Attachments

goldwing2000

Banned
I'm interested in a few.
Is $20 + shipping a fair price? I'm negotiable on them. It will include the complete socket assembly, 1829 milspec bulb, gasket and blue cover, all in a sealed bag. I can put them up in the classified section to keep the ModGods happy. Oh, wait... no I can't. They changed the rule to needing 100 posts to put up an ad.

:deadhorse:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks