• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clearance/Fog Lights on a Deuce?

DJDD

At the moment my "Big" truck is an 05 Chevy 2500HD, loaded with everything. It came with the orange clearance/fog light package as seen below which I love on a truck. Is there an option or aftermarket package to install one on a Deuce?

Attachments

DJDD

Looks like I'll have to do some drilling then. :(

The plan is to have a Deuce set up as a Roadside Assistance/Recovery vehicle. Not much recovery to be done in Alabama, but when it snows people instantly forget how to drive. Those clearance lights with the stock convoy lights and various other hidden strobes will certainly look good.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Do a search on armored vehicle headlights. I use to have a bunch but not so much anymore. They come in both white and infra-red and can be had for around 15-30 bucks each unless you do ebay in which case they are 60 plus shipping. Gimp has some mounted as alley lights and fog lights. They look military cause they are and they can take a heck of a beating. The pair I had on my front grill on my CUCV that I wrecked 2 years ago still worked after hitting a guardrail headon at 45 mph. The lens didn't even crack. They have a high and low beam capability and if wired up right you could also do a super high by going hot to both hi and low beam terminals at the same time.

At this time, I don't have any that I know of to sell, but they are out there.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I'll have to do some drilling then. :(

The plan is to have a Deuce set up as a Roadside Assistance/Recovery vehicle. Not much recovery to be done in Alabama, but when it snows people instantly forget how to drive. Those clearance lights with the stock convoy lights and various other hidden strobes will certainly look good.
Make your own. A muffler shop can easily do the pipe portion, an angle aluminum cross piece will support any light you'd like.

Attachments

DJDD

Make your own. A muffler shop can easily do the pipe portion, an angle aluminum cross piece will support any light you'd like.
I'm actually looking more for the cab mounted lights than a rack mounted system. These lights will just come on with headlights/marker lights. At night with just markers on it gives most any truck an ominous look to it that screams bad a**. :D

Wasn't there some aftermarket tops put out at one time that had pads molded in for the clearence lights on the roof?

You could search out one of those.

I'll have to look into that, thanks for the heads up. I've got a year to find everything I want to make this my own, lights, winch, look, etc..

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Years ago (and I mean many years ago) when I was in Germany we could order yellow fog lights for the deuce.....they had a Federal Stock Number.

They worked really great in the snow and fog....many a time I used them and the marker lights to keep the glare down.

Everything you needed came in the kit and they bolted to existing holes. A few years ago I bought a set and still have most of it......maybe one day I'll install it on one of my trucks.

Since they are releasing a lot of deuce related stuff now some of them may show up.....there is no telling how much stuff is sitting in gooberment storage sites around the country.

DJDD

Sounds like I've got a lot of research to do.

KsM715: That is what I'm talking about, however, I like the lights to be flush to the top like my Chevy is. Gives it a much cleaner look.

tm america

They make led strip lights that can run on 12-48 volts and would hide along the drip edge of the stock roof They make them for the rear to they are meant to mount to the tailgate or between the tailgate and bumper

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks