• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clicking from front wheel

Stagg

While I am not at home, its hard to post pictures. So you'll have to follow a link until I can get it fixed.

http://www.operationeastwind.com/forum/index.php?topic=3459.msg41680#msg41680
Scroll down for a picture.

But I had a wheel bearing come apart on me while driving home one weekend. After the fact, I knew what to listen for and also checked/fixed the other bearings. Poorer but wiser now. Clicking or a deep rumbling noises are a excellent excuse to take that hub off at at least look. At lease peek at the outer bearing a bit.
Those bearings will slide right off when unmolested. I just serviced them all early this month. Once the cook themselves onto the spindle though....

Jeepsinker

I was recently told by an old army mechanic not to mess with any of the hubs unless they started leaking.... Ha! I know better! I don't have an unlimited budget like the army.