• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Climbing the Ranks

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or you could be a not so good moderator and accidently erase your own rank. And then not be able to fix it.

Varyag

You know how Scott got to be a General? I'll Sum it up in one quick phrase: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BTW when are you going to make a East Side PNW rally? I feel left out.

stumps

How do I not get promoted? Ilike being a sergeant. It comands some respect yet not too mutch responsability. maybe break a rule now and then. CAN A PERSON GET DEMOTED?
The rank seems to be based on the number of posts you have made that are still on the board, so if you (or the moderator) delete posts, your rank will go down.

-Chuck

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, the simple answer is to just click "this thread is worthless without pics" till you become a general. Then it becomes, are you a knowledgeable person on this site or the not?2cents

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Seems like alot of the "knowledgeable" fellers are staying away lately...that's a bad thing...us rookys need guidance, and yes,,,I know it's a pain in the butt going over the same ground with new fellers.

Anyway...the rank on here works just like the rank in the military....or anywhere else....some earn it...and some just get it some other way...and yes...I know I should be a professional private.:lol:

Guys/Gals, pull your weight, and in the end your rank on this site wil NOT matter.2cents
Ok, enough said about the subject! Lets just all help each other in a wonderful hobby and the greatest site in the world! All of you have something worthwhile to contribute and make it a better hobby and site for everyone whether they are a "Buck Private" new to the hobby or a "Four Star General" who has been here a long time. Hope this helps everyone here. Well?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Elk, you just got it. Anyone who wants to help a newby-will. Then they will help others. It is S.S. being how we are!!!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Agreed Elkhunter...I am willing to learn from anyone that knows the subject matter...I think that's what hndrsonj just said to.

I have always said...whoever knows what the heck he's doing in the one in charge....rank just validates the decision.

Stan Leschert

Rank is something that you put on your shoulder, and gets you salutes. Leadership.... Courage, Intergrity, Knowledge, and Loyalty are some of the items which will earn you respect! making intelligent comments may help too, so I guess that I just got demoted!
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Rank is something that you put on your shoulder, and gets you salutes. Leadership.... Courage, Intergrity, Knowledge, and Loyalty are some of the items which will earn you respect! making intelligent comments may help too, so I guess that I just got demoted!
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
Demoted? No I don't think so Stan Leschert!! If there was a way I could give you, papabear and hndrsonj a 5th Star I would in a heartbeat. There are lots of others deserving also!! Perhaps a Meritorious Service Medal or Citation and an "Atta Boy".How about a Thread and title it "Steel Soldier of the Month" or "Steel Soldier of the Year" for helping or making significant contributions to the site and its members ? Anyhow I think this is a great site and all the members are awsome and I consider them all my friends in a great hobby. Thanks guys for putting up with me in my threads and posts. Also a big thank you and salute to those who administer the site. elkhunter

Last edited:

stumps

Demoted? No I don't think so Stan Leschert!! If there was a way I could give you, papabear and hndrsonj a 5th Star I would in a heartbeat.
There is, sort of...

Look to your left, and notice a tiny "ying/yang" symbol. That is where you can add or subtract from a member's reputation. That is by far a more accurate way of telling who the group thinks is useful, and who is popcorn.

I'd be much happier if the "rank" would just go away. Something about unearned valor...

-Chuck

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks