• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

closeup pics of M101A3 trailer

Metternacht

I've got a camo one on the classifieds. I have more pics I can send of the tires or bed or anything you need. It's right outside. If you can be more specific, I'll get you want you want or need. These are fantastic trailers and pull real nice. I love em.
Here is a couple of pics for ya, but can get you more.

Was looking at your A3 would love to buy it but I am afraid you are a tad too far for me to get it. Which sucks as I really want an A3 to compliment my A1, the extra width would be perfect.

3dAngus

just found out my M116A3 has an RFID tag on it. I don't think it was transmitting, but is battery operated. I guess those folks at Camp Lejune might know where their trailer is now. First I've seen of one of these. It's marked "Echo Point ST 654-001".

Anyone else ever find an RFID transmitter strapped on their trailers?

3dAngus

Pictures? Of course... I should have known that.

Here ya go!

My knife in the forefront is about 4", and the RFID transmitter is about 6" long. It's a bit of an illusion on sizing.

I pulled the 3.6vdc lithium battery out so NCIS could not find me.rofl

Attachments

Nonotagain

Pictures? Of course... I should have known that.

Here ya go!

My knife in the forefront is about 4", and the RFID transmitter is about 6" long. It's a bit of an illusion on sizing.

I pulled the 3.6vdc lithium battery out so NCIS could not find me.rofl
Here's a little info on the RFID unit that you have. So unless NCIS is camping out on your door step, they ain't got a clue where the trailer was. Now they do. [thumbzup]

"The SaviTagST-654 high performance tag is a data-rich active RFID tag suited for various applications including tracking of shipping containers, vehicles, and other large assets. Available with 128K of programmable memory, the SaviTagsupports a broad range of applications, in multiple system configurations. Fully compatible with fixed and hand-held Savi Reader products, the ST-654 tag features up to 300 feet of omni-directional line-of-sight range, and a typical battery life of five years using lithium cells. SaviTagST-654 is also certified as safe for operation with live ordnance."

And the receiver unit.

"32Savi Fixed Reader –SR-650Monitors many RFID tags over a wide areaProvides backbone for the US DoD RF-ITV NetworkCollects location & status of tags within a 400 ft radiusSupports both legacy (ANSI) & ISO 18000-7 tags (dual-mode capability)Provides FISC Crane ability to track assets in a lot and track assets departing FISC Shipping LocationHeavy duty mounting bracket availableSaviTag654"

3dAngus

OK, got it. I guess it is just a logistics thing then when the trailer arrives or leaves specific supply depots or locations. Thanks.

number9

I use a couple of large chain links, the type that screw open and closed on my hitch chain loops and the chains just reach and hook onto those. works great and allows me to chain the trailer for safety. I can post pic when I get home, I have to hook up to haul a load to the dump tomorrow.

I do the same thing. They are 1/2" Threaded Quick Link Chain Links

Attachments

3dAngus

What is the verticle and horizontal weight capacity of those threaded links. If it breaks loose, you will feel maximum shock on it, and I would think the initial impact will likely be much greater than the horizontal weight capacity. There will be a lot of bumping until you come to a full stop.

edit; Come to think of it, 1/2" is pretty big for a trailer. It might be a little risky on pulling a deuce. I guess that is what I was thinking about.

Last edited:

Pawnshop

just found out my M116A3 has an RFID tag on it. I don't think it was transmitting, but is battery operated. I guess those folks at Camp Lejune might know where their trailer is now. First I've seen of one of these. It's marked "Echo Point ST 654-001".

M813RC and I each got one of those on our M105A3s that we picked up from Hooks a year ago

goodguyzy

I just got one buried in junk in a trailer. It has a shipping label on it from Bagram AFG. Maybe ill put it on a truck or something.

Tin Medic

That AFG is probably AFB. Bagram AFB is in Afghanistan, I spent some time there way back when. Maybe your trailer was there with me.

Last edited:

goodguyzy

It could of been, it does say AFG, I was wonder why it doesn't say AFB? Whatever it was on has a weight of 10620 lbs was 1069 cu ft. and was sent to the 455th eaps c/o ATO. Sounds like the HEMAT that it was in that has Afgan. shipping labels on it...........

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks