• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

closeups of CUCV window guards

McCluskey

Hey Wrex, if you do weld up a set, please make some plans with dimensions so the rest of us under educated, lazy and feeble minded CUCV owners can replicate them !

I actually found a friend of mine who has a nephew on the boarder. Trying to reach him to ask about some surplus.
Hook a brother up if it leads anywhere.

ssdvc

It's a long shot, but I will let everyone know if I have any success.

I think the easier thing is going to be some one going up the plans and then someone with welding skills turning to and making a few sets. I would buy a full set asap. I love the flip down drivers window and windshield.

Zombies beware !

wrex

It's a long shot, but I will let everyone know if I have any success.

I think the easier thing is going to be some one going up the plans and then someone with welding skills turning to and making a few sets. I would buy a full set asap. I love the flip down drivers window and windshield.

Zombies beware !
I'm definitely going to do it. I have to get the move to Az finished first, settled in, get a new welder and a few other things first, so it's going to be a while.

ssdvc

Just thought I would wake this one up. WREX, I know you mentioned a move, so hope all went well. Any luck with kicking a few of these sets out the door for us fellow 1009 owners?

wrex

Just thought I would wake this one up. WREX, I know you mentioned a move, so hope all went well. Any luck with kicking a few of these sets out the door for us fellow 1009 owners?
Not yet. Other projects and work has things on hold with the CUCV at the moment. The CUCV has been parked in the garage for over a month, now :-(

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the window guards off the truck now (2/11/12), I could make some tracings and measurements for those of you who have the skills to make your own.

ssdvc

Hey Wrex, did you ever get those window guards installed or a chance to take some measurements - close up pics of the mounting hardware? I would still really love a set of theses !!!