• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

closeups of CUCV window guards

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
per request. The front lexan insert is removed at this time.

Attachments

steved454

Great Pics. Now I want a set for my truck and I have no need for them, unless you count driving through Jackson. We had a set on the back of our Firetruck downtown back in the 90's to keep the fireman riding behind the cab from getting hit by bottles or anything else the people on the streets could throw at us.

ryan77

Great Pics. Now I want a set for my truck and I have no need for them, unless you count driving through Jackson. We had a set on the back of our Firetruck downtown back in the 90's to keep the fireman riding behind the cab from getting hit by bottles or anything else the people on the streets could throw at us.

I need those for my work van! Im in Chicago everyday in some crap neighborhood's and ive had all kinds of stuff thrown at me!! I think the best one was when a water melon hit out windshield me and the guy i was working with almost busted a gut laughing!!!!

jimmy-90

Thats a sweet lookin war wagon you got there!!! I used alot of expanded metal during my flat bed build on my M1028. I used it to cover the back window, make a beacon cage for my amber rotator, and for a couple light guards. I bought way more of that stuff than I needed just because it is so handy to have around. I would love to put it over the rest of my windows but I know that they wouldn't want to pass me for the yearly vehicle safety inspection out here if I modded the front window to have a screen over it. Even if it did swing down. I think a lexan windshield is a no-go out here as well. Really wish VA. wasn't an inspection state.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those immediatly make me think of the Blues Brothers bar scene where they are singing Rawhide. Remember the chickenwire in front of the band???

ssdvc

I want a set !!!!!!!!!!!! Who what where and how much ??? Those look great !

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no info about the cost or availability of the window guards : they were on the surplus Border Patrol vehicle when I aquired it. I estimate it would be a thousand dollar bill for materials + fabrication + install.

ssdvc

I have no info about the cost or availability of the window guards : they were on the surplus Border Patrol vehicle when I aquired it. I estimate it would be a thousand dollar bill for materials + fabrication + install.

Time to find a friend at ICE or the Patrol garage !!!!!

wrex

Great, just what I need. Another project to weld up! lol. I'm so doing it, after I get the roof-top carrier done!

ssdvc

Great, just what I need. Another project to weld up! lol. I'm so doing it, after I get the roof-top carrier done!
Hey Wrex, if you do weld up a set, please make some plans with dimensions so the rest of us under educated, lazy and feeble minded CUCV owners can replicate them !

I actually found a friend of mine who has a nephew on the boarder. Trying to reach him to ask about some surplus.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks