• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Club road trip up to Crown King, AZ

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did a little road trip and trail ride with our club on Saturday. We went from Rock Springs, AZ up the Crown King, AZ.
We had four jeeps, one CUCV, one HMMV, two pickups and my Deuce.
There was a fire in the mountains around Crown King about two years ago, you can see by the pics of the mountains.
Just a great day for a road trip up to the Mountains.
My wife and I left the house in Tonopah, AZ at 0615 and we got to Rock Springs, AZ at 0825 at the meet up point.
The group left Rock Springs around 0930 and headed for Crown King. The first part of the trail/road was a very bad and rocky road, but after about four miles we got back to a good dirt road and it was just like our road to our house in Tonopah.
When we hit the mountains and the road got steeper and narrower. We all make it to Crown King in one piece and had lunch at a 100 year old Saloon.
We started back down after lunch and my wife and I made it back home at around 1830.
We went a total of 253 miles.
100_0661.jpg100_0662.jpg100_0663.jpg100_0665.jpg100_0702.jpg100_0703.jpg

Attachments

Nice looking trip Albert, looks like they could use a grader on that road:wink: When I lived in Phx. I went the back way up from lake Pleasant, a real white knuckled moment some 20 years back.

Fishtail

That last pic looks like an old RR right-of-way. Reminds me of when we went to Colorado and drove on some of those high up in the Rockies near Buena Vista, Co.

Looked like a fun time there.

Scott

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

I love day trips.