• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clunking in 4lo

max1008

Put a new/used 208 in my truck due to worn out forks in my old tc. New one definatly shifts much smoother.
While pulling a trailer through the woods I was in 4lo to make it up a large revine and then I continued in 4lo until i reached my destination. While on my way out the tc started to make a loud clunk. I put it in 4hi and no clunk.
When I got out of the woods I put it in 2wd and all is fine. but I still have a clunk in 4lo. The clunk seems to be as frequent as the driveshaft is turning ( while coasting it is a very slow clunk and faster I go the faster the clunk), sounds like tank tracks.

I am guessing I chipped a tooth on the planetary? The planetary is fine on my old tc so I am thinking of swapping the planetary. But i would like to make sure before i pull my truck off the road for a few days.
thanks