• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clutch Adjustment Help

maxspeed3

Hey there,

So I've read other post on this issue and none seems to have the same issue that I am. I'll try to keep it kind of short. I recently put a new clutch on my deuce. The new pressure plate has 3 fingers instead of 4. Long story short, I got it all put back together and started the truck, tired to put it in gear, because the pedal felt exactly the same as the old clutch did, buzzed the gears, so I know that I need to adjust the clutch. I pulled off the access panel on the bottom side of the transmission to look at the throw out bearing and when the pedal is pushed it does hit the fingers and they compress onto the clutch disc.

So my thinking is there just not grabbing the disc enough.... So to adjust the throw do I move the knuckle that connects the pedal linkage to the throw out linkage? The bolt on the end is pretty rusty so I couldn't break it loose last night, it got a healthy dose of PB Blaster to let it soak over night.

Or do I try adjusting the actual clutch pedal so it sits higher so when its pushed down it has a longer travel. I know I need to have 3-1/2" from the throw out linkage to the bell housing. etc. etc

Just looking for some input from someone that had adjusted a clutch recently. If you have photos of the job, please post them for me!

Thanks for your help!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes the turnbuckle just make shure after you make the adjustment you look in the inspection cover when the truck is running and the TB is not spinning if it is you need more play. Also check the return spring is there and pulls the peddel all the way up.

Last edited:

maxspeed3

Yes the turnbuckle just make shure after you make the adjustment you look in the inspection cover when the truck is running and the TB is not spinning if it is you need more play. Also check the return spring is there and pulls the peddel all the way up.
Thanks,

I'll give it a try tonight, hopefully that nut on the turnbuckle will break loose, its on there pretty well.....