• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clutch Alingment Tool

electraman

Ok… So I have to take out my pressure plate. Is the special clutch alignment tool needed, or can I go to any auto parts house and get one?

Thanks in advance!

Marlboro

Yes you will need one, Not sure if a truck repair shop would have one that works. I think eastern surplus listed it on there web site. I believe its a rare tool, friend of mine cut off an input shaft and used that.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe Westy is right, it's a 10 spline. The part that makes it odd though is the end for the carrier bearing is only 3/4 diameter. Most 10 spline 1 1/2" diameter transmission shafts are 1" I believe. I got an old input shaft from a truck junk yard and had my local machine shop turn the end down for me.

Jakob

I used a couple of sockets. I forget the sizes however. The larger socket was a 1/2" drive impact socket and the other was a 3/8" drive regular socket, both deep well. I used a little tape to make the fit snug. Transmission went right in and it didn't cost me a dime.
The regular socket fits the input and the impact socket fits the clutch disk hole. Use tape on the regular socket until it's a tight fit in the impact socket and TA-DA... home made clutch alignment tool.

jasonjc

I used a couple of sockets. I forget the sizes however. The larger socket was a 1/2" drive impact socket and the other was a 3/8" drive regular socket, both deep well. I used a little tape to make the fit snug. Transmission went right in and it didn't cost me a dime.
The regular socket fits the input and the impact socket fits the clutch disk hole. Use tape on the regular socket until it's a tight fit in the impact socket and TA-DA... home made clutch alignment tool.

That about how I did 2 or 3 of mine. A socket and extention:grd:

But hey if some one fines one of the plastic ones that works right please post up the part number here.

Last edited:

Jakob

[SIZE=-1]Clutch Alignment Tool - 1-3\8 10 spline, .67 pilot. For Models: TO20, TE20, TEA20, TO30, TO35. [SIZE=-2](Part No: 1112-5996)

Would this one work?
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks