• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clutch change done

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well we started about 10:00 am Saturday and finished around 4:00 pm. The transmision was out Friday to get ready. MANY thanks to Charlie Taylor (ctmustang) and his dad who gave lots of moral support for all his help. I doubt I could have done it without him. Also after a little time one the phone ,I recieved several "TIPS " from AMGeneral (Brandon ) and deuceman51 (Troy) . George at White Owl Parts Co. sent me a new tranny shaft to use as a line up tool. Can`t say enough good things about all these guys. I must add that my son Brian wae a big help and a great goffer fetching tools and stuff so i wouldn`t have to get out of the cab of crawl out from under the truck 50 times. Thats getting tuff for an old f>rt.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
That air ratchet in the last pic is a wonderful little tool, isn't it? Saves untold time, not to mention wear and tear on the knuckles! One of the best tools I ever bought. :)

brianrbull

Reminds me of many a drill weekend...... Deuce trannys are such a breeze..... Did you have the flywheel resurfaced?

EDIT: Too Slow. Cessnatwin Beat Me to it....

Last edited:

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
I did not resurface the flywheel. probably should have. No time and no place here locally. It might have had about .003 wear . At least thats what the depth mic said.

brianrbull

.003 wear.....Hmmmmm. Well I have put worse back together , The ceramic clutches are very agressive. On or Off, Dont slip them like an Organic or you will be back in there ... Either way, just razzin ya.. Heck back in my guard days we would get redone flywheels and they would paint them...... clutch didnt last long with but we got real good at 'em...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks