• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clutch disc, Throw out bearings and Transmissions???

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes mucho $$$$$, that's what I expected. But at least they are known to stand behind what they sell...!

Let us know!

G.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
this is completely normal for some if not most trans depending on what 2nd gear and what syncro combo you have. you will have to just release the clutch a little (just some drag) while gently putting it into 2nd, or put it in while the truck is moving.

tom

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've tried releasing the clutch a little when the truck is stopped , some times that works and sometimes not. It's a little easier to get into second gear when it's moving.
Today I had to put it in 1st to get it moving just a little then I was able to get it in 2nd.. I sure hope it gets better, I'm not liking it right now..

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called Memphis Equipment today and talked with one of there transmission guys, he said that there is probably a tight synchro and it should loosen up with use. So I guess I'll just drive the ah-t out of it and see what happens .:driver:

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the new rebuilt transmission took a crap today, only had abou 70 miles on it. I was running down the road about 50mph and it started making some bad sounds like a bearing was spun , I touched the shifting tower and it was about 300 degrees .. I called Memphis equipment and there sending me another one free of charge.. That was a big relief .

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
did you put oil in it?? if you didn't, when they get it back it will be obvious.
just a thought, there is not much to make a rebuild go bad like that.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, it's full of oil. Not sure just what happened to it. It's been really hard to shift though especially getting it in 2nd gear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks