• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clutch Disk/Pressure Plate Question

houdel

Is there any way to check the Clutch Disk/Pressure Plate on a Deuce short of pulling the tranny? My Deuce only has 15k miles since rebuild, so I guess that I am OK, but it would be nice to know BEFORE the disk wears out. Can the disk be checked, or is this just a case of when it starts to slip and smell, you know its not well?

Westech

CPL
well dude, 15k is about it for a Deuce clutch. the way to check is the free play in the peddel. should be 3/4 of a inch, or you can take the little plate off the bottom of the bell housing ond look up to check things out also. (you guys with tons of high way miles can get 20-25k but much more then that get ready for a fly wheel)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Jeez, only 15K?

Does anyone like Centerforce make an upgraded clutch?

red devils dude

nope but if you go to a place like fleet pride that sends them out to be relind they(the clutch parts) get the
modern components that last work better(hopefully).