• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clutch linkage bolt

Gentlemen,

as some may have read in my posting http://www.steelsoldiers.com/military-vehicle-road-trips/38879-field-trip-france.html , the bolt and nut which connects the clutch linkage on my deuce went AWOL and are now lying somewhere alongside the street between the cities of Karlsruhe and Rastatt.
I tried some of my sources to get a replacement over here, but unfortunatly to no avail yet. Can someone please provide me some information on this piece (size, length of threadless part, etc)? Maybe I can get a complementary new bolt.

Thanks,
Mark

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure which one you need. Can you look at the parts TM and tell us the number, or better yet, post a picture of the part, in the TM?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've had mine out to adjust the clutch. Other than it being fine pitch, you should be able to source it locally.

If no one responds, maybe this weekend I can look at mine and post a pic.

OK, sorry, I should have done some research in the first place. Please see the pictures below. It is not a bolt but a "grooved and headed pin" :roll:, and there is no nut to it. The forked rod has probably a thread on one side. I'm not sure about the item #6 and #7 on the list, the ball bearing and the spring, if they are connected to the head of the pin. If so chances are high that the spring could be missing, too, but I have to check that on the truck first.

Mark

Attachments

Last edited:
Well, I replaced the cotter pin contraption with a 7mm Bolt and nut now. There is still way too much play in the linkage, my guess is that the pin has an OD of at least 5/16". Could someone with such a pin lying around confirm this (Clinto)?
BTW, sourcing non-metrical hardware locally here can be a real challenge. For example, I seem not to be able to find coupling nuts I wanted to replace for the air pressure lines / fuel lines / brake lines or the copper or steel tubing for that matter....

Thanks,
Mark

59apache

Chipmaker
mine is missing too..., replaced with a lousy, weak bolt. i measure it out, turn on the lathe and make one . a simpel bolt, a washer and a cotter pin should work.
if you need one, gimme a call.

JamesM

Sorry to kind of resurrect an older thread, but I am having a similar problem with mine.

The "pin" that holds the linkage together is the exact length of the pieces it goes through i.e. there is no length of the pin sticking out...as a result, I cannot secure it in place and it continuously backs itself out of position and I am really afraid of it falling out. Is it supposed to be this way, or was the original pin lost and a replacement temporarily put in its place that will do the job (until it gets lost in the woods)...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

---James

JamesM

They are...missing.
The pin like bounces itself out of the slot gradually, especially off road.

Is not having that ball bearing and spring affecting anything else? Aside from sliding a bolt and a nut in there to prevent total linkage failure, is there another temporary fix that anyone has used?

---James

G-Force

5315-00-737-3224 NSN Information

NSNFSCNIINItem NameINCHMICESDCCANCELLED NSN 5315-00-737-3224 5315 00-737-3224 PIN, GROOVED, HEADED 02382 N
5315-00-737-3224 Master Cross Reference Data

Mfg. Part NumberISCRNVCRNCCHCCMSDSSADCDAC 7373224 6 2 3 745B1 6 9 5 913062 6 9 5 KC6200 9 5
5315-00-737-3224 Characteristics Data

MRCCriteriaCharacteristicMATT MATERIALSTEEL COMP 1018 OR STEEL COMP B1112 OVERALLSFTT SURFACE TREATMENTCADMIUM OR ZINC OVERALLCQFM HARDNESS RATING24.0 ROCKWELL C MINIMUM AND 28.0 ROCKWELL C MAXIMUM OVERALLABMZ DIAMETER0.4935 INCHES NOMINALABNZ EFFECTIVE LENGTH1.250 INCHES NOMINALABPA UNDERCUT DIAMETER0.340 INCHES MINIMUM AND 0.345 INCHES MAXIMUMABPB UNDER HEAD LENGTH1.657 INCHES NOMINALABPC UNDERCUT WIDTH0.125 INCHES NOMINALABPF SECOND UNDERCUT DIAMETER0.309 INCHES MINIMUM AND 0.313 INCHES MAXIMUMABPG SECOND UNDERCUT RADIUS0.109 INCHES NOMINALAAGZ FIRST END STYLE1 CHAMFEREDCRRG PIN HEAD DIAMETER0.750 INCHES NOMINALHGTH HEIGHT0.375 INCHES NOMINAL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks