• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clutch thickness check...

SierraHotel

What is the thickness of the clutch pads on a five tabbed Deuce clutch when new? I have a take out one that has, at most, a 1/8 inch of pad past the rivets. I saw several at Aberdeen that were for sale for what I consider stupid prices (over $50.00) that looked the same. What is the thickness of a new clutch? I would think it is much more and these might last maybe a year. Am I too conservative?

houdel

I have a couple of near new takeout clutch disks. They are not fully broken in yet, the pucks are still rough and both still have some of the gold colored coating on the outer surface of the pucks on both sides. They each measure about 3/8" (.375") thick outside of puck to outside of puck. If the .350" minimum dimension is correct, either they don't wear very much or the Gov't. doesn't allow much margin for wear!

Jones

Lee, they DON'T wear very much. Bjorn's had mega-miles on it when we pulled it down to replace his rear main seal. Asked the guys at our local brake and clutch outfit who brought out a new one and the two were .010" or .015" from each other.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks