• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

clutch wont disengage? HELP!

How screwed am I?

• Total voters

Strykerboy

just wondering what could be the problem i was driving like normal and then after putting it in 5th gear i started going down a hill and pushed in the clutch to coast down it and nothing happend so i shut it down rolled to a learching stop along side the road pulled the inpection plate off and had my buddy push in the clutch pedal and every thing was moving and seemed right.... but it still wont go into or come out of any gear while running....... help?!!!!

Westech

CPL
OMG ITS GOING TO BLOW!!!!! RUN RUN RUN RUN

Anyway if you had searched you would have seen many many posts on how the fingers brake off the pressure plate.
If you have your clutch adjusted too high it forces the fingers down too far and they bust off.
Just take the trans out and take a look. I betting its time to do a clutch anyway if you have not done one.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's busted. Sell it for scrap.....

Just a typical clutch issue. They do breake/wear out. Just part of the ownership of an old vehicle. Fix it and move on.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yea, im thinking clutch fingers too. seems like there is a thread about clutch adjustment and how it can over extend the forks....i forget how much travel is on my clutch, but i shouldnt have a problem.

Westech

CPL
I run my clutches with a TON of free play.. around 1.25 inches. The TM states .75 inch, but I like to run a little more to insure the fingers don't get over extended and bust off.

A

A/C Cages

Just to be a smartazz here,,,, try taking your foot off the clutch and see if it comes back up....
Oh face it, you know you were laughing at the thought of a blonde moment happening there. lol

Strykerboy

well it all came together and wasn't as hard to do as i thot it was going to be.. one of the fingers was all jacked up i allso installed a new clutch and bearing while i had it apart..

A

A/C Cages

Glad to hear its fixed.
Nothing worse then a 20,000# paper weight sitting around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks