• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clutch won't disengage

texas30cal

The local truck shop has a deuce in that was on the way to Houston, his clutch stopped disengaging when the pedal is depressed, they even adjusted all slack out to get more travel. When they pulled the inspection cover there was a lot of what they think is engine oil. Could the disc have swollen up due to the oil?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it will not Disengage I would think it is the pressure plate or the throw out bearing.
If it is oil socked it will just slip.

texas30cal

There was oil present but it will not disengage, have to put it in gear then start it, it will not slip even when applying brakes to the point where it stalls

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup
pull the seats
pull the floor tunnel
pull the jack shaft
pull the clutch shift linkage
pull the tcaseshifter linkage
(I like to pull the front driveshaft from the axle but it is not NEEDED)
pull all the bolts from the bellhousing but the top one
shift the trans so the rod at the back of the trans is sucked in
pull the top off the trans and run a chain diagonaly across to hook to come-a-long
put bar threw windshield to back wall of cab
hook come-a-long to bar and trans
remove last bolt
remove transmission

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If there is oil in the clutch it might not be a bad time to replace the rear main seal while it is apart , it isn't much more work with the transmission out and the flywheel off to resurface it.

texas30cal

He is putting throwout brg, disc, press plate, resurface, rear main/gasket on est, will let the customer decide. Thanks for all the help as I haven't been into one yet, have only read about it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks