• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CMT-F Tactical Trailer

Pawnshop

So I won an auction for a trailer on GL and now I am trying to figure out just what the **** it is! It's described as a Silver Mountain made CMT-F Tactical Trailer. It looks like a flatbed version of the M1101/M1102 cargo trailers with a thing on top. I have google searched CMT-F but all that gets me is the GL auctions for the four trailers in this lot. Anyone know what the thing was used for?

Attachments

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I won an auction for a trailer on GL and now I am trying to figure out just what the **** it is! It's described as a Silver Mountain made CMT-F Tactical Trailer. It looks like a flatbed version of the M1101/M1102 cargo trailers with a thing on top. I have google searched CMT-F but all that gets me is the GL auctions for the four trailers in this lot. Anyone know what the thing was used for?
I looked into these, almost got one. Paul at GL said he had no idea what they were for either. I bet they were some sort of roll cage for electronics equipment and that's what made it have an EUC too.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They all looked pretty complete, all had rear outriggers, etc. Two had tarped area, two did not. Three had brackets on top of the wheel wells for the outriggers, one had them flipped up on the back and no wheel well brackets (you can just see it at the far right of the attached picture).

I'm a bad influence on Pawnshop! :twisted: I told him I didn't know what they were for, but I LIKED them and was going to bid on one. He decided he wanted one too, so we ended up with both the tarped ones.

Mine has a square pad on the front landing leg, his has a wheel.

Once we recover them and get a chance to examine them more closely, we'll report back.

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

Pawnshop

The trailer is an LTT-F (Light Tactical Trailer, Flat) but the cage is the curious part.

I saw the expanded metal top and thought it might be a platform of some sort but there is no attached ladder.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a trailer for a portable Dunk Tank. Doghead was looking for one for the GA rally

tank in action.jpg

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warthog has it figured out, we need research no further! We'll bring them to Temple. :)

Generator trailer was actually my first thought, but my faith in that thought has become shaky.

Cheers

Last edited:

Ray70

The basic trailer looks similar to the smaller 3,5 and 10K generator trailers, but not quite. I've never seen one with that boxed in area behind the wheel wells where the brake lights are mounted. The generator trailers I've seen are flat, even with the deck in that area and the lights are mounted under the deck.
Either way they look like nice little units, provided the price was decent.

Pawnshop

You are thinking of the M116A2/A3 trailers which are quite common (240 of them were sold on GL from Barstow just yesterday) which is the flatbed version of the M101A2/A3 cargo trailer, this one is the LTT-F which is a flatbed M1101/M1102 trailer. The LTT-F is wider than an M116 but slightly shorter nose to tail.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks