• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CNY to N. Indiana APC Haul

Yohan

Looking for a price to haul RO/RO service from 13122 to 46614. Ramps or RGN needed to load/unload. I've gotten quotes as high as $6000.00 and as low as $460.00 (not holding my breath on that one). I hauled it 3000 miles for $3800 which included the wide load permits in every state it went through when diesel was $4.00+ a gallon, so please be reasonable! This isn't a long haul and is a streight shot. Thanks!

L = 209"
W = 113"
H = 99"

Weight = 30,000 pounds

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, I have an M819 Wrecker in central/northern Ohio(44887), that needs to get to Central NY(13142)(about 50 miles from the APCs starting location). It weighs 34000lbs, runs and drives. H-132"(can be reduced slightly) and L-360", W-99", 450 miles loaded.

Maybe we can work together on this?:wink:

Last edited:

Somemedic

Let me know the tentative delivery date. Would like to be there to watch, help. Might have some useful friends who know how to operate heavy equipment.

Yohan

Thanks Gents! The buyer is happy to share a trailer to keep costs down if it would work out. The most reasonable offer has been from my freight broker for $1475 including permits and an RGN trailer. I can drive it on the trailer and he can drive it off. The $460 quote is from a Uship broker and the trucker who takes what's left of their cut will be pretty hard up for work, I'm thinking. Anyone is welcome to come and watch or help! Many hands make light work, my Mama always said! It should be pretty painless though, even if it were just dumb 'ol me getting it loaded...:-D *EDIT* somemedic, just saw you're in IN. Maybe the buyer could use some help!

SO, any trucker out there... you might be able to pick up the Wrecker in Ohio and deliver it to CNY and pick up the APC, making the trip that much sweeter for the Christmas season!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks