• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Code Enforcement Threat

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations on your victory! Have you explored the possibility of recovering attorney fees from the city of San Antonio? If you were arrested there several federal false arrest remedy's available, both civil and criminal. This route will get you away from the local and state judges. Your attorney will be able to advise you if he feels this is a possibility.

kc5mzd

I was never arrested they I found out I had warrants when they sent out their annual warrant roundup letters. My attorney said after what he did they will not mess with me again. He said that if they did then he would take legal action against them personally.

dmetalmiki

I have an idea where your located - I have been into Woodall Spa - up to Louth and over to Skengness - if I recall your kind of in between all them places -
Indeed, I once was. Lovely area loads of country events, Including at the former U.S. Airforce base in woodhall.
Now a very much restored museum. I must see if I have pictures, Of an attended event there.. (seems like..from..years ago).
There are many vintage car and military vehicle collectors there..many have a large collection..NO ONE bugs them! I feel for this guy and his problems. Seems not quite the 'land of the free'

Another Ahab

Ah.... The inconveniences of Code Enforcement and HOA's bent on enforcing unwritten rules..... SIGH!
Landed in Normandy AND made it to Berlin?!

Wow. I would love that hardware in my neighborhood.

And the arguments against it don't stand up. There is no "safety issue".

- That thing is more effective than ANY speed-bump in slowing traffic, hands down.

saddamsnightmare

October 4th, 2017.

Unless they run into it, or like the guy in CA years ago that broke into the armory and took one (tank) for a test drive. There are NO crumple zones in a Sherman Tank unless they are induced by a German 88.

Another Ahab

Landed in Normandy AND made it to Berlin?!
Just came to mind:

- I'm not sure ANY heavy materiel was disembarked at Normandy. Was it?

- There were those cliffs after the beach.

- The heavy stuff was brought into Le Havre (a little farther up the coast), where there was a deep port.

And I only mention it because my Old Man was a first lieutenant in the field artillery (the 8" howitzers), and that's where they were disembarked a few days after D-Day.

Does anybody know about that detail?

Another Ahab

True enough.

I guess we haven't perfected anything yet, except getting ourselves into trouble.

We're always good at that!
It's a guarantee, kind of like Death and Taxes. :naner:

DeadParrot

Good deal. I am dealing with the same matter in memphis with one of my personal 923s. They say anything over 8,000lbs is a commercial vehicle and cant be in a residential area. Except a CONSUMER VEHICLE such as a dually. I am working with the prosecutor to resolve it but i put it on the docket for a jury trial after the main judge ruled that nothing that was previously owned by the military could be practically used by civilians. Not even a tent.

Ill let a jury figure it out when the highway patrol, DOT, department of revenue, and county clerks consider it an antique and not commercial and just sit back and wait for an answer

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
I know it has been a few months since this post but I have taken several deer quite practically with my 1903 Springfield.

DieselBob

Good deal. I am dealing with the same matter in memphis with one of my personal 923s. They say anything over 8,000lbs is a commercial vehicle and cant be in a residential area. Except a CONSUMER VEHICLE such as a dually. I am working with the prosecutor to resolve it but i put it on the docket for a jury trial after the main judge ruled that nothing that was previously owned by the military could be practically used by civilians. Not even a tent.

Ill let a jury figure it out when the highway patrol, DOT, department of revenue, and county clerks consider it an antique and not commercial and just sit back and wait for an answer

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
That just shows you don't need to have any common sense to sit on the bench. I personally have 2 military surplus generators the run my house with ease when the power goes out. You just can't fix stupid....

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That just shows you don't need to have any common sense to sit on the bench. I personally have 2 military surplus generators the run my house with ease when the power goes out. You just can't fix stupid....
Yeah and some folks have too much power in their head.

They have left me alone as of late. About a month ago they came by to tell me some things that I was doing wrong and blah blah blah. I then went out of town, the same day they came to my house, pulled my gate back that is 9ft tall and 12ft wide. Went into my backyard, pulled tarps back to uncover things, took pics, covered em back up then left.

Real bright guys didnt know that the little sparrow bird houses were surveillance cameras. So i got em on camera tresspassing and conducting an illegial search. They denied it on my phone call to them just an hour after they left my house. So i had my roommate send the video footage over to a Sargent at the highway patrol. He handled that and from my understanding got an Ipad owned by the county out of the whole deal. I emailed the video to the county attorney and he just laughed on the phone and said no more problems. Haven't been back.

tobyS

I've made more than one complaint about a judge. One that allows attorneys and gov officials to lie in his court is facing a lot of pressure and not running for office again. He'll go back to being just a lying attorney.

I'd like to get a law degree but I would stand up to a corrupt judge and lose my license. I have a couple friends that happened to. Recently got 3 suits dismissed pro se where they wanted my property without paying for it. They expected to make me have a 10-20k attorney fee and when I did it pro say, it totally screwed their plan. Then I sold it to them and charged 75/hour for my time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks