• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Code Enforcement

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"

det rebel

oooo yeah lets see 13 thousand pounds sliding 8 tires VS. probably a one ton with an auto in it o i got to see this =) while if it dont crank over and run would be a miracle rofl i would want to take video as it makes the bumper become the back window of the tow truckrofl

Last edited:

Cgaengineer

knowing the codes and laws is always the best way to go

my father, retired marine, cop, always said that cops don't know the laws. if they did they would be lawyers.

go on-line to your city government and get the codes, print them , and know them

when looking for a house a couple years ago, the wife and i were at odds on what type of neighborhood to live in.

my choice was in the boonies with the nearest neighbor a mile away.
her choice was a sub division

we settled on a house in some podunk town with 5 cops and our neighborhood has no HOA and if i can help it , it neverwill

i have seen neighborhoods that had cars on blocks, and even though i can apperciate anyone who does their own work, i believe that if you cannot finish it in one day , move it to the back, or put it behind a fence out of site.

i think what is happening in your neighborhood is that someone disagrees with your hobby choice (happens to all of us)
If you don't currently have an HOA you will never have one...especially without your approval. Hoas are to be setup prior to people occupying the property/housing.

As far as cops not knowing laws, your faster is 100% correct...they think they know them, but they don't. Many time they arrest people around here for open carry only to be forced to release them. They especially don't know our state's firearm laws around here.

saddamsnightmare

January 23rd, 2012.

SO what was the final upshot on the O.P.'s issue with the City? I think the charge was dismissed, but curiousity kills the cat, so the saying goes....:?:fat lady sings

Gunner0311

Llc?

I just found this post, and after reading most of the comments I have one suggestion for anyone: If it is authorized in "your neighborhood" form a LLC and title all your MVs to the LLC. That way you are simply conducting your business... 2cents

Thank goodness I don't have this problem, as I live out far enough that nobody cares. But a friend of mine lives inside a "village" and is harrassed on a regular basis. If he does not move his truck on a regular basis the code enforcement nerd
serves him a citation for having a "disabled vehicle/nuisance" on his property. They
even wrote a special ordinance to prevent him from driving his duece in town parades(maximum two axles/fire truck exempt of course).

Any word yet on the outcome??:?:

Dave08

It seems that I have been remiss. However, I will tell everyone that the fight with Code Enforcement is in a temporary Cease Fire.

It is my fault for not posting as I am soon to be a Grandfather....really do not know how to take that one yet.

It is a new year and the Code Enforcement individuals seem to have backed off. However, I have it on good authority that the Director of that Dept (Ms. Barker) has a sexual harassment suit in the work place pending. I have been told by a Code Enforcement Officer that the complaint has been filed against her and this may be the reason that I am being left alone, at least in the meantime.

If everyone remembers my post from a while back, the one where the code enforcement officer showed up at my property and I actually talked with him; showed him around, showed him all the proper paperwork (vehicle registrations and insurance) and then kicked him off my property and told him that he was not allowed back and that Code Enforcement is not allowed on my property ever again, then you may think that this "War" is over. I believe that it is a true cease fire and that my letter of complaint to the city assisted me in this minor victory. I do not trust that the actual War with the City is over yet but only time will tell.

In the mean time, I am working on one of my vehicles and prepping it to be painted. I am sure that once I start to paint the truck that someone will call code enforcement on that aspect. Again we will see what happens in the future.

I hope that this brings everyone up to speed on the Saga of the Code Enforcement War. I will definitely continue to "Fight the Good Fight". Everyone, for the most part, has had **** good advise. There are a few that are pacifistic and would roll over to the whims of the purported "Authority" rather than fight for what is right and that is their right to do but do not expect me to do the same as surrender is not in my vocabulary and one must weigh all of his tactical options to win the day.

Hanging in there,
Dave08

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems that I have been remiss. However, I will tell everyone that the fight with Code Enforcement is in a temporary Cease Fire.

It is my fault for not posting as I am soon to be a Grandfather....really do not know how to take that one yet.

It is a new year and the Code Enforcement individuals seem to have backed off. However, I have it on good authority that the Director of that Dept (Ms. Barker) has a sexual harassment suit in the work place pending. I have been told by a Code Enforcement Officer that the complaint has been filed against her and this may be the reason that I am being left alone, at least in the meantime.

If everyone remembers my post from a while back, the one where the code enforcement officer showed up at my property and I actually talked with him; showed him around, showed him all the proper paperwork (vehicle registrations and insurance) and then kicked him off my property and told him that he was not allowed back and that Code Enforcement is not allowed on my property ever again, then you may think that this "War" is over. I believe that it is a true cease fire and that my letter of complaint to the city assisted me in this minor victory. I do not trust that the actual War with the City is over yet but only time will tell.

In the mean time, I am working on one of my vehicles and prepping it to be painted. I am sure that once I start to paint the truck that someone will call code enforcement on that aspect. Again we will see what happens in the future.

I hope that this brings everyone up to speed on the Saga of the Code Enforcement War. I will definitely continue to "Fight the Good Fight". Everyone, for the most part, has had **** good advise. There are a few that are pacifistic and would roll over to the whims of the purported "Authority" rather than fight for what is right and that is their right to do but do not expect me to do the same as surrender is not in my vocabulary and one must weigh all of his tactical options to win the day.

Hanging in there,
Dave08
Dave,
Thanks for the SITREP and congrats on the incoming GrandBaby!!!
John

det rebel

gunner0311 tell you friend to join the volunteer fire department and make it a brush truck or a tanker or something lol then watch what the nurds have to say

OD_Animal

Congrats on the new family member Dave. May he learn from you to walk tall and never compmise his honor nor integrity, even when it would be easier to walk away. If your tenacity isnt genetic, lets hope it can be taught to the younger generation. :D

I'm still looking forward to hearing the outcome of this battle... hopefully its over, but if not, may honesty prevail.fat lady sings

billet75

my neighbors pulled the same crap. First I got cameras. Second I spoke with the city as I am legit. I told the city that by my neighbors using the web to file the complaints it could be view as harassment and it was illegal for them not to let me face my accuser. I mentioned that they need to look at the IP Addresses of where the complaints where coming from. I then reminded them that judges have been issuing court orders for kids posting crap about each other on Facebook. Guess what it's been over a year and no more issues.
:beer:

YOUNG GUN

I currently live in an HOA neighborhood and bought my deuce about 4 months ago.
All of the neighbors I'm friends with told me someone would call me in, so I acted in advance.
First I called the city code enforcement and checked local regulations.
I found out that as long as I'm parked for no longer than 72 hours straight in the same spot nobody can bother me, which is ok because I drive my deuce almost everyday.
I live about 30' from the edge of HOA zone, so if I had to park it there I could.

Before I could get in touch with the HOA rep, I got a letter telling me that I couldn't park a commercial vehicle in the neihborhood overnight.
I finally talked to the HOA rep, (I was extremely polite and actually had a nice conversation with her) and she told me the same thing the letter said.
I replied; It isn't a commercial vehicle, I commute with it to work and back almost every day, and it's registered, and insured to me personally not my business.
With that, she said; Oh, well in that case it's fine, it was nice talking to you and have a nice day!
During the conversation she also mentioned how annoying it was to get BS complaints from whiny people in the neihborhood.

Haven't heard a peep since, problem solved.

dilligaf13

I just laugh at the stupidity of some of these HOA nazis. My good friend works for the local Sheriff's Office. For some reason the local HOA president didn't like him parking his Sheriff's Office car in the driveway so they called a tow truck to remove it after some boack and forth between the two went poorly. The tow truck driver arrives as my buddy is washing his car in the driveway. The tow truck driver gets out and the HOA president tells him its the marked police car he wants towed. My buddy puts down the hose and began to walk over to "discuss" this idea but before he could make it over the tow truck driver started laughing. He said "For starters it's against Florida law to tow a police vehicle without prior authorization and secondly I'd have to be an idiot to get in the middle of this FU contest. I'm smart enough to know if I tow his car everytime I leave my driveway I'd get a traffic ticket". The HOA president was smoking mad but had no recourse. The kicker is my buddy ran for HOA president next election, even though he had absolutely no desire to be HOA president, and won. Now it's a much more peaceful neighborhood. My advice to you unfortunate few that live in HOA communities it get on the board, even if you don't want to, so you can have a say on what goes on in your neighborhood and the prevent some jackwagon telling you what color your mailbox has to be.2cents

Bolkbich

Bamboo..grows really fast ....its got coverage all year round...deer dont like it...plant it close they cant walk through it. There are 2 types i used creeping and...the one that doesnt creep. This stuff grows like wild fire . If your neighbors cant see you they probably wont complain. Worked wonders for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks