• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

coilover / spring assist shocks for M1031?

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've run coil over / spring assist shocks in every one of my vehicles, even passenger cars.. I find it maintains ride height when loaded and maintains a smoother ride...

Now, it seems that Gabriel discontinued most of their spring assist shocks, and those that are available seem to indicate that they won't fit on the K30 4WD. Now, I know that MOST of my vehicles said the spring assist shocks wouldn't work, but they do, they're not just listed for that application. I had to find the shock with the same length/width/mounting points, then compare that to the model with spring assist.

Has anyone used spring assist shocks with their CUCV?

Drock

There's a reason they're getting hard to find, just like air shocks. The little shock mounts were never meant to hold the weight of the vehicle. The best thing is to add either a helper spring, or better yet a set of air bags. Hellwig makes a couple different types of helper springs that will work good and will be more reliable then a coil over set up. The air bags are the best because they ride better and can be easily adjusted to the load or no load at all.2cents