• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cold Natured Diesel

interesting...

seems odd then...when i first removed the sensor,the glow plug system seemed to want to act up a bit.i never really noticed at the time,but later when i drove it more often (stop-start in town) the glows wanted to cycle even when the engine was warm.
now with the sensor reinstalled,glows act more normal...no cycling when hot.

now i didn't check the tm's very closely,so your probably right,but does the sensor provide a reading for anything else?i suppose i could disconnect the sensor on the left rear head and see what happens...

OH WELL...

no worries :) ...i would have wanted the lights to work anyway.just another visual warning.although,by the time it gets that hot iv'e already got a serious problem :D
still dosn't explain the erratic glows though.perhaps,when i was messing with the oil sender,i wacked the glow sensor in the left rear head.maybe the plug's loose.
it's just such a pita getting back there.

how's your steering by the way?when i removed my lift block the studs were fine,albeit a little less tight than i would have liked.
a steering box brace is next...

Croatan_Kid

Went to put my new thermostat in just a few minutes ago and thought the old one was in backwards. The rubber coated end was towards the front instead of the rounded part. Just to make sure, I checked some of the TMs sticky'd at the top. I saw how the coolant flowed through the 6.2 and figured out how the thermostat worked and it was indeed in the right way. Got it all situated and the gauge reads 175. Must be the a cool spot in the back of the head or water doesn't flow very well. Either way, I know it's working good now.