• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cold Start, high rev and smoke Issues...

WTF D00D

I know, I've done a ton of searches on here but come up with so much I haven't found the answer.

I've had the M35a2, 1968 model for about 6 months now. I've been trying to drive her on a nearly daily basis at least a little bit to get her used to daily driving and to make sure everything is sound.

The only issue I have is sometimes after sitting 3+ days, at start, she will rev kinda high and belch black and gray smoke for a few second then drop down to normal idle and everything is fine after that. Other than that she runs amazingly, she only has 12k miles and 1400 hours.

Anyone have this same issue or might know whats happening?

Since I've had her I have not changed the fuel filters or oil filters yet. I have the filters and plan to do the fuel filters today but wainting on oil filters till I purchase the oil.

Thanks for any help folks...

Heath_h49008

Revving and smoke would indicate fuel/engine oil. If you're not hitting the throttle, then it's getting in there via another means. This could be minor, or it could lead to a runaway and the big boom. These are the locations I can think to check where oil/fuel might get dumped into the cylinder during starting/resting or pool in the intake while sitting. I'm sure the other guys will chime in with better ideas, but it's a place to start.

1. Flame heater injector dumping fuel into the intake.

2. Fuel injectors leaking as she sits.

3. Turbo intake side bearing leaking oil.

4. Valve seals leaking oil while it sits.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks