• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cold start

pappydodd

Thank you. I will try to locate the other threads. I have a small amount of diesel dripping from the front of the motor but haven't been able to find the source. I will dig into it tomorrow after work. Except for this issue, the truck has been great for the past three years--41,000 miles (but an undetermined number of hours) on the clock now.

Pappydodd..If your truck starts and then dies after 5 seconds, you have air being introduced into your fuel system somewhere. This is not a glow plug issue. There are probably hundreds of threads on this, its a common problem many have had. Most likely cause is the o-ring on the fuel pressure sensor that sits in the back of your fuel filter base. It could also be any of your rubber fuel lines.

LittleM1010; dont assume your glowplugs are good. Test them; pull the leads, attach test light to + terminal, touch each plug, if it lights its good. The 6.2 will start in cold weather with none of the extras you are contemplating installing. Requirements to start a 6.2.In order of probability:
1) Glow plug system operating correctly
2) Fuel supply in sufficient quantity/pressure and free of air
3) Adequate cranking speed
4) Proper compression