• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cold weather bio ratio?

So me and my stepfather are about to start making some home brew bio for his masey ferguson tractor and my deuce, he's got the setup and wants me to do the leg work and he'll 50/50 what he makes with me.

I know in the summer 100% bio will be fine, but what about winter? Night temps around here can reach 0F, what's a good ratio of bio, straightdiesel, and fuel treatment ( white bottle, I assume it will help with the bio clouding) help very appreciated as I'm probly picking up about 100gals of WVO this weekend

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
20% bio to 80% diesel has gotten me down to -6 the one time I drove to Maine. I would think that blend would be fine for your area. You can attempt a higher mixture, a percent at a time, but you don't want your lines to clog.

Sounds decent to me, will deffinatly cut costs by a good bit. While it's still in the 20's I'll do a test in a gallon jug with a 70/30 diesel/bio mix and one with 60/40 on an over night basis and tweak it from there

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks