• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cold weather fuel additives

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The weather suddenly turned below freezing. The 5-ton (cummins) has summer diesel in it. What and how much do I add to the tank, and how long to let it run to completely circulate and mix?

91W350

Unless it is close to zero, you should still be good. I like Power Service, but there are a lot of great additives out there.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use Power Service also, have had no issues. A diesel mechanic recommended Star Tron. Anyone have any expreience with it?

jatonka

What DogHead said, ditto. Even in temperate climates, a good fuel additive will lubricate your injection system and improve cetane rating. I personnaly always use Power Service, white jug, I buy by the case. Tractor Supply Co. runs lots of specials on it up here around me. Every time I get an extra buck, I buy fuel, Power Service, ammo, and beans. JT out

daw_two

I use Power Service also, have had no issues. A diesel mechanic recommended Star Tron. Anyone have any expreience with it?
Yes. I use StarTron on the first tank or 2 on a "new to me" diesel. StarTron is an enzyme killer --- it will get rid of the algae growing in the tank if you have water in the diesel. Most all old tanks of diesel have some water in them. Here is the link to the StarTron information ---- I use the diesel formula. Kill the bugs in the tank!!!

I also use Power Service (white jug) on most every fillup. Sometimes, I just don't have any with me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks