• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cold weather start...no problem!

houdel

Well, one flat turn on the fuel adjustment nut (1/6th turn) improved my starting so much, I decided to crank in another one flat turn (two flats, or 1/6 turn total). Again, a huge difference! Now, with no hand throttle and my foot off the accelerator pedal, hit the starter button, and it fires right off. Runs at 500 rpm and a little rough for a second or two, then jumps up to 800 rpm and runs smooth and steady. I do notice a little smoke running up through the gears, hope I'm not hurting my MPG. But I PROMISE, no more fiddling with the fuel adjustment until I get a pyrometer installed. Don't want to melt my turbo!

Talked to the salesman late Friday, he has to contact the factory about 24V parts, but I expect to order a pyrometer and boost gauge on Monday and have them installed by the end of the week. Then I will have some data to work with before I make any more fuel delivery adjustments, although it HAS been fun so far!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks