• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cold weather start

elfraz

I just fired up my m1009 after a cold night out at 10 degrees or so. Air temp now is 14. One cycle of the glow plugs and fired right up and this is with the batteries that it came with. A big thanks to l1a1man for the glow plug card. It solved my start up issues. Now if I can find a rear window glass it should be good to go for the rest of the winter.:-D

jsbrewster1

it was 9 this morning at my house in tennessee and on the mountain the wind was blowing about 10-15 so it was cold. my m1008 started on its first crank. and i love the high rev for warming it up.:-D

K9Vic

I know that for some of you 24f is not that cold, or even 14f as it was this morning. After getting everything fixed with new glow plugs and bypassing the resistor block on my 12v converted M1010, it started right up on both the 24f and 14f days. The 14f day was a little slower to start, but it did start with no problems. Who ever did the 12v conversion did not bypass the resistor block, so I was only getting 6v to the glow plugs. Once that was corrected no more starting problems.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXegIX6sGTU[/media]

1986Blazerk5

I just fired up my m1009 after a cold night out at 10 degrees or so. Air temp now is 14. One cycle of the glow plugs and fired right up and this is with the batteries that it came with. A big thanks to l1a1man for the glow plug card. It solved my start up issues. Now if I can find a rear window glass it should be good to go for the rest of the winter.:-D
anybody have a glow plug card?

sawgunner1

Fired Right Up!

Drove mine to work on mids every day last weekend. Temps never above 25 during the day, between 5 and 15 at night. The M1009 started first cycle. It did smoke a little and rattle a lot for a minute or two, but ran smooth and was warm (NOT HOT) inside all the way home!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks