• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cold weather starting issue- starter relay?

dburt

Well, the TM did help, but it was not real clear as to where the location of the relay was. But Frank at IMP helped by pointing the location out to me on one of thier stock trucks, since I was so focused in on finding it on the firewall somewhere, and of course it was not to be found on the firewall! As the old saying goes, "all's well that ends well". And I am really glad that there is such a wealth of resources at IMP, and close by to boot! Plus all the help and advice on this website is pretty good too!!

Deuce_of_Spades

Dburt,
Thanks for starting this thread! My Deuce wont start either and by reading this I think its my starter relay. I think the whole thing started when some lose wire from the relay welded itself to the exhaust pipe on its way to the solenoid. I had to pry it off there. I cut of the crispy part and used the left overs to reconnect to solenoid (temp fix). So guys, make sure the wire isn't overly long or you will find it on independent ops.:oops:

Deuce_of_Spades

For the Doghead in all of us, I thought I would display this page of 2320-361-20, page #167. I'm mechanicly illiterate but I believe this is telling us how to propperly test the starter relay.
Please correct me if Im mistaken, but since I've been looking all over for it I thought someone else may need it too.

Attachments

Last edited: