• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Colman's Shackles

Hmmm, I wonder what those dimensions they give mean - measuring the ones on my M1009, I get 1 5/8" between the mounting points, 1" pin, and it weighs 3.1lbs without the pin and near 4lbs with the pin.

Anything that fits over the shackle mounts and has a 1" pin will work. Those might fit the bill. You can find used takeoffs on eBay for about $40 a pair, NOS ones a bit more.

I might buy 4 of those just to have a proper retainer clip.

Last edited:

cjcottrill

Hmmm, I wonder what those dimensions they give mean - measuring the ones on my M1009, I get 1 5/8" between the mounting points, 1" pin, and it weighs 3.1lbs without the pin and near 4lbs with the pin.

Anything that fits over the shackle mounts and has a 1" pin will work. Those might fit the bill. You can find used takeoffs on eBay for about $40 a pair, NOS ones a bit more.
5/8" between the mounting points? My frame extensions measure 1-1/2 with a 1" pin. These "new fangled" cucv's are new to me, this is my first. Seems the learning curve never ends.