• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

color confusion

L1A1

Here's a link to a thread I started about colors over on www. g741.org g741.org • View topic - Frame,axles,springs & brkt. colors The post that may be of interest in the 6th one down on the 1st page.

Even though there was a lot of black paint on my truck's underside (frame,axles, etc.) I'm still not 100% convinced that they left the factory that way. I do have a picture (in a magazine) of an M37 complete rolling off the production line and all of the fasteners are bright-not painted.

Matt

m37CDN

wow, the work you are doing makes my project look pathetic. Eventually when I get a garage and retire I'll do a ground up restoration on my truck. At the present time I simply found a similar paint, and also took a paint swatch from the truck to a local hardware store and had them scan it in. They were able to duplicate the paint pretty good and boy it was cheap. As my truck was painted in the 1970 Canadian colours I just simply took a brush and put another coat on it. This was only after a friend came over with a sledge hammer and a pipe wrench and straightened out the fenders and running boards. Good enough for some local parades, and to drive around town with. Still lots of work to do. I admire your work so keep showing us the photos! Thanks Ewen

shootist

I have a few hundred pics to post from the point above to
The complete engine rebuild (hopefully its done this up coming week)
Unfortunately for me every thing you could possibly replace
Had to be replaced. I hope to resize for posting shortly.
I may post in my album due to number of threads tied to the truck