• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Color identification please

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like its pretty close to 24087 but a little flatter. Pics on a computer can be very misleading

twlinks

Yes, I know it's green, but I've tried several HD samples trying to get it to that look without much luck it seems. Maybe it's just the way it looks in this pic. To me, it has a lot more of a tan/sand tone to it than the way olvie drab looks...but I might be a tad bit color blind too.

twlinks

Haha...seems I opened myself up to some "Saturday Morning Live" comedians. ;) That's ok, I'd been beating my head against the counter at the paint store. Looks like 34807 is the color I was looking for...thanks for the help and the laughs. The tailgate of the '09 was beginning to look like a paint chip chart.

Now lemme splain something about trying to identify exact color tones and shades on a computer screen. The next time you go to Walmart, The Good Guys, Circuit City, Target, or any other store that sells TVs and has a display with a bunch of TVs all on the same channel, look closely and see how many of them have the exact same color hues and how many different ones there are. Your best bet is to save that pic to a memory card or USB memory stick and take it to the paint shop in that form and let them color match it from it's original digital form. That way you don't have individual monitor color setup getting in the way and possibly goofing up the tint.
:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks