• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Colorado revokes HMMWV registrations.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If you haven't seen this guy he is a lawyer and does his take on news article. This is a good watch. It will give you hope if you live in the state and had it revoked.

802 vehicles had titles changed to OHV !!!

Colorado did this to all FMVs a few years ago

Last edited:

Gamble

With the shear number of vehicles being sold, there will be some states that move away registering them. But there will be holdouts. As long as there is reciprocity all should be well.

springer1981

I think the major point in the video is the Colorado legislature didn't intend for the DMV to revoke the titles or not allow them to be registered. The legislature is wants to fix the error and put them all back on the road. I really hope they undo this error. Every small win in any state is a big win for all of us.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's one thing when a state won't allow them to be registered (or even transferred in). I hate it, but I "understand". It's a completely different thing to revoke registration of vehicles that were registered (without fraud). To me this is worse than unfair, it's really taking the value out of something without compensation. I can only imagine the amount of frustration and anger in Colorado over this.

BTW I was told Minnesota tried to do this a few years ago, and lost a court case over it.. but I can find no record of it, so it may have been some sort of settlement vs an actual decision. (In the end MN changed their DMV laws to allow HMMWVs and CUCVs to be registered for on-road use, even though if you check the DMV website it STILL claims otherwise 3 years later!)

My hope is the CO legislature "fixes" the problem they apparently created and is able to instruct the DMV to reverse any Off-Road Only titling.. even if, in the end, they no longer allow HMMWVs to be titled in the state.