• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Colorado Spring MV Get Together

steelandcanvas

I thought we should start a new thread, so here goes. Asking for input, suggestions, etc. on a Spring Get Together in Colorado. There's been a little talk so far, off Forum, but we'd like to get it out where everyone can share their ideas. Maybe a BBQ on a Sat or Sun at some wilderness type park somewhere? Chime In!!

John

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Yep ,
John and I are going to set up the details if all of you can put your input in. So far ,
-All vehicles , MV or close to one
-BBQ at and outdoor park , and a trail ride to follow at a later time.
-Family and friends are welcome - The more the better!

Just let one of us know and we can start the planning , Jay

area52

Warm weather, no snow and close to New Mexico!! :D

Seriously though, if you could think of someplace west, I might be able to make it.

ktm380

RE: Re: RE: Colorado Spring MV Get Together

How about Medano Pass? Spring is a good time on this pass, lots of water crossings and then the sand. It might be close for Area52. Just one of many places!

area52

Last time I came up that way, it took me about 6 hours to get to Cripple Creek in a regular vehicle although I was towing a trailer with a big ol' winch on the back.

I figure at least 8 hours in a deuce to get to outside Colorado Springs so thats why I suggested someplace further west. I am not all that familiar with that area though. there were a lot of nice campgrounds that I remember passing.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR

You cut right trough Cheyanne mountain dirt road to cripple creek , its 25 miles maybe. How far is Medano Pass? It sounds good you all want to convoy out, Jay

ktm380

I do not remember how long the pass is but when do it in the jeeps it takes about two hours to get to the Sand Dunes from the trail head.

steelandcanvas

We were trying to keep it real simple, I've never done this before and didn't want to make my first outing too difficult. A BBQ, shoot the breeze for awhile, maybe a short trail ride, that kind of stuff. Maybe a weekend or just a day trip. Take a lot of pictures, put 'em on SS.

area52

I would like to have a BBQ and get together then maybe a short trail ride or convoy to someplace? Maybe if we did it before the summer rush we could get a large spot in a campground then trail ride the next day?

ronfry261

I'd be interested in something here in Colorado. Don't want to take the XM211 too far for its first trip. I'm northwest of Fort Collins.

Ron

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR

Im thinking Starting at Gate One at Fort Carson , Welcome center parking lot, the parking lot will be empty and planty of room for trucks. (Also alot of old Armour to walk around and look at) Then a breakfast and a convoy/trailride. Let us know

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR

Ok so far , we have
-2 M35A2's
-1 M818
-Toyota 4 runner

Any ideas on where to meet and convoy/trail ride? I know alot of you want to know when and where , so lets all decide. , Jay

PhilM

If Anyone is interested, the Military Vehicle Collectors of Colorado club (MVCC) and Rocky Mountain Pinzgauers club is doing a joint get together at G.I. Jodi's Bar & Grill on sat 4/19 in Littleton (display of trucks + lunch/beer etc.) Not in the Springs, but PM me if you want to attend, and for details. We are also collecting stuffed animals for children in Iraq wounded/maimed by IEDs.

Hope you can join in!

premacpmc

Which gate is 1 North West side North east or East don't remember. Going to cripple creek sounds fun, can take phatom canyon road or shelf road back around through canon city back to pueblo then colorado springs. There is a small trail coming off of shelf road going to highway 50 we could go on.
Mike

sermis

Just a thought but the M715zone is having thier 2008 M715 Zone National Field Exercise June 25, 26, 27, and 28 in Buena Vista, Colorado.
I know there are a bunch here on SS that are also on the Zone. Would give everyone a chance to meet everyoone else.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks