• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Columbia, SC to Pennsylvania

MiltonFine

We had an uneventful day up to a campground in Petersburg, VA. Our day got cut short by a burned out headlight. Hopefully we can be on the road by dawn and home in PA before dark tomorrow. We are going to take I-95 to I-270 to I-70 to I-81.

If anyone has a headlight along our route please give me a call. I'm afraid we might run short on daylight again tomorrow.

krall

Hey I am just 24 miles up 81 cross the border, was thinking it would be cool to get out and run the 915 up the highway, could tag team with you just for some chits and giggles, I wish I had a bulb to give you but I don't think the 915's is compatible, if anyone thinks it is please let me know I am litterly a mile off of 81 and you could use it to get home and mail it back, anyways pm me your number if you can mabie we can link up on the HW, give me and the kid something to do.:grd:

GOOD LUCK

'48Chevy6

head light

We're at the junction of 81 and 70. If you do run late today and need a headlight we could meet you and swap out a good one from our deuce. (I say ours because it belongs to my son, but he lets me ride along sometimes).

We do not have a spare but are standing by willing to help if needed. Well, after church anyway.

MiltonFine

We got home just after 3:45. Thanks again to everyone! Sorry we didn't get to meet up with anyone during the journey. It probably cost about $675 total for the trip, which I think is cheaper than delivery, plus I got lots of driving experience.

Here are some pictures:

PADeuce5.jpg
^Pickup (thanks for showing me ropes, Adam!)

PADeuce2.jpg
^NC

PADeuce4.jpg
^VA

PADeuce1.jpg
^PA

PADeuce3.jpg
^PA

krall

Nice. Glad to here you made it back ok. Hey if you ever want to go for a cruiz some day let me know I am always trying to find an excuse to go for a ride. Were not too far from eachother

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Aubrey,
Man, sorry to hear about your battery troubles! When I checked the terminal tightness it might have been corroded, and started to fail.

Really glad you made it home safe, I was glad to be of help.