• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Columbus deuce's

Rattlewagon

anyone here end up with any of the winch trucks from Columbus today? I really wanted to go after one but I still have to talk my wife into letting me have a "big stupid green thing"...

...ill never win

dan

Green_gator

RE: Columbus deuce

Dan,
I have a solution for you that has worked for me on a deuce and a motorcycle. Buy it first and then tell her. The money is already gone so you may as well have it to play with.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Show her some of the prices on ebay and then tell her you are making an investment for her future...works for me....sometimes.
Another good tactic is to wait until she gets something she really wants and then you just jump in there and buy a green machine.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, do it like I did. Buy one while she is another state, go get it, park it next to the other and hope she don't notice.

She didn't.

Till I told her..........

LibertyDeuce

Dan
Speaking of showing her prices on Ebay, mention to her the value in scrap iron, not that you're ever going to scrap a deuce (heaven forbid). And now, just follow the Nike tag line "just do it" and buy a deuce already. You won't regret it!!!! [thumbzup] 2cents

Rattlewagon

It wouldn't be the first time that I bought a truck without telling her! :lol: I originally wanted a M1008 but after I saw a bobbed deuce, my first thought was "that'll do!" I am looking for a winch truck that isn’t real pretty so I wont feel so bad torching 3' out of her stern! I want a truck that when I go to Lowes or Home Depot I won’t have to worry about overloading her!

Kenny, do they look any better than the ones that are to go off on 8-7?

Oilcan, do you ever make it over to Columbus? I’m about 1½ hours away from you and another hour away from the base..

dan

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
kipman said:
Did the other Steve tell her?
No, but he squealed about the donuts I had at Tim Horton's while you watched the truck for us.

I had to turn her around and hold her head so she was looking right at it.

I already have the title and tags for it but no insurance yet. Hagerty won't budge on the "must be garaged" rule. Since I'm out next to Ft Meade for a week I have not had the time to follow up on it. You can bet I'll have insurance and be driving her when I get back though.

I just can't wait to pull her into the lot at work with all those liberal college kids.......

;-)

oilcan

Rattlewagon said:
Oilcan, do you ever make it over to Columbus? I’m about 1½ hours away from you and another hour away from the base..

dan

I get out there on occasion. There's a 6.2 motor that I need to pick up pretty soon, and my pops just pulled the trigger on his first gl deuce. That one will be a while, though.
I have access to a nice big lot to store your new "investment" too, but you can't hide it from her forever. :wink:

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The better the price the less the pain too. Mine never blinked when I showed her the 5 ton I'd gotten for 1,800 at an auction, and she even let me get the wrecker after I told her that AAA wouldn't tow the ambulances or the 5 ton. But when I bought the last M-37, she wouldn't talk to me for over a week, Hmmmmm.........I wonder......