• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Columbus GA 2015 Veterans Parade

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Our Veterans Parade here in Columbus, Georgia is scheduled for Saturday, 14 November this year.
If you have never attended one you have missed out!

In addition, CTR will be having our annual Thanksgiving Dinner at the hooch after the Parade.

I have had to cut back from 20 military vehicles last year to only 11 this year for reasons I won't go into here but we will still need some help rolling them out.

Most of the "regulars" committed to driving again this year but I will let them chime in again here to be sure they can still make it.
Below I have listed the vehicles and known CAMO Crew operators and the vehicles listed as "OPEN" need volunteer operators.

I need to know by Sunday, 8 November if you are available to drive a vehicle.

I will post further updates as the date draws closer...here's the list:

Vehicle

1944 MB Command Jeep-------------------- -Helldiverharry
1941 Dodge WC-22 Weapons Carrier-------------------- -EMD
1941 K18-C Communications Truck------------------- - Ferro
1953 M38A1 Forward Air Control Jeep-------------------- -Carl
1968 M35A2 Cargo Truck VFW/Blind Vets-------------------- -ATOMIC
1965 M54A1 Guntruck (Proud American)-------------------- -Tony
1962 M114 Recon Track (on rollback)------------------ -James
1965 M185A3 Weapons Repair Module------------------ -Godawgsdv8
1967 M51A2 Dump Truck------------------ -Zout 1 & 2
1982 M818 Truck/Tractor------------------ -Patracy
1974 M813 Guntruck (Ugly Ranger)------------------ -Troy

The regular folks that help us out are encouraged to come on down even if you don't have a vehicle to drive. There is plenty of room to ride and participate!

Last edited:

sandcobra164

PB,
I'm unable to make it this year as I have Drill the 12th through 15th in November. Lee and the boy's may still ride up and enjoy the fellowship with the group. I wish the dates would have fell differently but maybe I can make it to eat for Christmas.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB,
I'm unable to make it this year as I have Drill the 12th through 15th in November. Lee and the boy's may still ride up and enjoy the fellowship with the group. I wish the dates would have fell differently but maybe I can make it to eat for Christmas.
Understood. We'll carry you on the battle roster as "Authorized Absence".:beer:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I WILL be there, will drive what ever you assign, THANK YOU

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Lemme check the schedule tomorrow at work. We had to move things around for the Rally and my training last week. I think I'm not on call until the end of the month.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Alrighty then, Atomic drives the M35A2 with the VFW/Blind Vets and godawgsdv8 is the pilot for the M185A3.:beer:

That only leaves the Forward Air Control Jeep - M38A1 open.:popcorn:

I don't have a problem with folks swapping driver assignments on the 14th here on site as long as they are familiar with the vehicle they are swapping into and can SAFELY operate it.:grin:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks