• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Columbus OH Loadout or checkout.

ida34

I just got an M818 from Columbus. If anyone is going I would like someone to see if it starts. If it does I may try to drive it home. If it does not then I will just use the deuce and the tow bar. Also, anyone near that can pickup and stage for me so I don't have to take a day off work to get it?

Thanks
Chuck

oilcan

I might be able to help you out, but it'd add an extra hour (at least) to your trip if I pick it up. I'm on the wrong side of cow town...

ida34

Thanks. I have had a couple of people chime in. I was hoping to save time off at work. The biggest thing I need right now is to know if she runs and what the serial and reg numbers are so I can get insurance to drive it home in case it does run. I will drop you a line if I need anymore help.

Thanks
Chuck

ida34

Thanks. I guess I have to post pics.

AM GENERAL 5 TON 6 X 6 M818 WO/ W TRACTOR TRUCK POWERED BY CUMMINS NHC-250 6-CYLINDER DIESEL ENGINE, FIVE-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION, TWO-SPEED TRANSFER CASE. EQUIPPED WITH PERSONNEL HEATER, MILES 49730, HOURS 1351

Attachments

Armada

Congrats again Chuck! Welcome to the ever expanding 818 club! That's one good looking truck. It sure looks like a runner. Can't wait to see it.

ida34

The M35's went for my than the M818's. I think mine was the most expensive out of the 4 that ended yesterday at Columbus. I paid extra because it has a newer vinyl top and for the fuel heater. The M35s WW were going for more than the M818s. My wife is already asking if I am going to get rid of the deuce. I hope to have the whole fleet converted to fuel fired heaters by next winter.