• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

combat 5 tons

HHC B co

Thought I might share a couple of 5 ton pics from 1990ish
SCAN0019.jpg

SCAN0016.jpg
3/73 armor HHC Trans Platoon 923A2's in Iraq early 1991. We put alot of miles on these.

I was talking to a Sergeant Major in maintenance and he was sorry to turn in his unit's 900 series A2 5 tons recently. He held onto them as long as he could but recently had to turn them in. His advice to me was to buy a 900 series without reservation (as long as it would start and shift).

Justgaudot

What do you mean by that. I ask because I'm pretty dead set on an 818, but I asked because I won't and truelyneed solid reliability. I have thought about the a2 for that eng however I figured the older truck being and old style simple truck might require a little more maintenance but less expensive when it came to repairs. I also would much prefer the standard, but after that being said, I want solid reliability most of all. So, Please, if you could, give some good details and solid reasoning. Thank you all
God bless you
Justin Gaudot

HHC B co

I am no expert on any of the 5 tons. I have a little experience with the 923A2 and that's it. I know there are many experts here with all the other models and I hope they will chime in regarding reliability between the models/lines.

Last edited:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 2 M923A2s they are both reliable they start instantly have no issues with them.
They go where I ask them to. I would buy 10 more if I could afford it.