• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Combat Kingz LMTV Recovery Team

Hermannator

I wanted to say Thanks for all of the members of this forum that provided input, recommendations and offered assistance with acquisition of my impulse buy of my Stewart and Stevenson M1078 cargo truck. Steel Soldiers is an invaluable resource for owners of military vehicles.

I thought about all of the options and finally made the decision to use the Recovery Team recommended to me by LMTV772 (Michael). I contacted the Team and organizing the recovery was an easy and painless experience. My choice of recovery may not be for everyone but as a retired military member with 27 years of service it is easier to work with a knowledgeable NCO and boots on group experienced military team than a shipping company.

There are two things that the COMBAT KINGZ Team brings to the Table: TRAINING and RESOURCES.

I spent a lifetime learning about vehicle maintenance. Units that are on top of maintenance can keep an Army moving under difficult conditions. The LMTV is a new platform to me so my level of knowledge and training is roughly zero. Having a recovery team that puts boots on ground to prepare the vehicle for transport and identify deficiencies before the vehicle departs is incredibly important. The vehicle doesn't show up on your doorstep completely inoperative and full of issues that you have to sort out on your own. I have a solid deficiency list that was identified during the shake down trip and now I can work on those items one at a time without a lot of drama.

TRAINING:
I missed my flight to El Paso, TX but my shop foreman arrived at the same time as the team and made the journey with the recovery team back to San Antonio. He was able to learn some of the aspects of the dash 10 and tips on driving the vehicle on the 600 mile trip back and the OJT gave him to ask questions in real time. He then brought that wealth of information back to our shop and has been able to provide me with the training I need to be a competent operator of a military surplus vehicle. Yes, I downloaded the manuals but there is nothing like hands on training on your own vehicle. The mission gets accomplished and you learn about the nuisances of your own truck.

RESOURCES:
I will admit that my impulse buy without much prior research left me flat footed in the area of supplies and accessory equipment. I did a quick initial online search for parts/tires etc and if you think eBay is the place to get parts and supplies be prepared to be robbed by the profiteers. It is very helpful to have a face to face conversation about which oils, fluids, spare parts and other items are appropriate for your particular vehicle be it an LMTV or Deuce.5. This forum is invaluable in suggesting parts etc but there is nothing like seeing the item directly or having a face to face conversation about necessary parts, spares and supplies that may save you money and heart ache. I am counting on using the team in the future to answer additional questions and help me through issues. The shipping company will offer nothing more than dropping the vehicle at your doorstep. I didn't make my flight as intended but the vehicle still arrived as planned so while I had intended to make the trip it happened whether I could be there or not.

During my first discussion with the Combat Kingz Team, I suggested that it would be very helpful to have a gathering in Texas for those owners interested in learning about military vehicle maintenance and troubleshooting. I was excited to see that Michael (LMTV772), is planning a similar conference in Florida in Jan 2016. I will certainly try to make that conference to support his efforts and to see the gathering of military iron in Florida . Hopefully we can utilize some of the experts from Fort Hood to elevate the knowledge level for military vehicle owners in Texas and the region. I know that the Combat Kingz have a website in development and I will do what I can to support them as they grow their business,which is focused on support of civilian owned military vehicles.

For less than it would have cost me to transport the vehicle by flatbed, I got a vehicle that has been serviced and test driven. I received a deficiency list of items that need to be fixed and a list of supplies I need for the future. I acquired a great deal of OJT through my shop foreman even though I couldn't personally make the journey. The trip was handled professionally and by a group of experienced former military members that know the vehicles as well the military surplus system and more importantly have contacts throughout the military. I give the Combat Kingz Team my recommendations without reservation because of their professionalism and hard work at a fair rate.

Attachments

wehring

Strong second for this team. Got in a bind with work travel and could not recover several HEMTT and PLS trucks. They took the job and did it well. Straight up and on point.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Lmtv772

Banned
You can contact them through me . I am the person who hooked up the original poster as well as Wehring. And you're all welcome, fellas

we have been planning our seminar since a year and it was originally intended for Cucv, but seeing how many new buyers of Lmtv get stranded on their recovery had frustrated me so much that I had to do something about it.

i wrote the op to not try and do a recovery on his own but to let me coordinate his recovery through my transporter and good friend.

i see with pride that you have taken my advice and are trying to learn about your vehicle. It will be my pleasure to meet you at our seminar in january

rgrds
~michael

Last edited:

Hermannator

I just wrote him and told him that there is a request for his info. I suggested he post his information for everyone to find. He texted me and told me the info was on the site under the vendor section.

Hi Justin, I had two flats on my trailer last weekend and never made it to MSR Houston.

and yes, Thank You Michael. :)

Combat Kingz

Gentlemen, you may contact Combat Kingz by calling either Rob or Ray directly
Rob: (254) 368-3589
Ray: (254) 577-9167
Business cell phones 24/7
We are still in the process of setting up our Office, directly out side the Fort Hood gates, I will post the office phone number as soon as it is up and running.
If you have ANY questions or would like a bid on your recovery please feel free to call.

Last edited:

Lmtv772

Banned
Gentlemen, you may contact Combat Kingz by calling either Rob or Ray directly
Rob: (254) 368-3589
Ray: (254) 577-9167
Business cell phones 24/7
We are still in the process of setting up our Office, directly out side the Fort Hood gates, I will post the office phone number as soon as it is up and running.
If you have ANY questions or would like a bid on your recovery please feel free to call.
Hooah!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks