• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

combat rims for 9405511899562560918108 truck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Every time I see the M35A3 I get the creepy crawleys. I would never have thought in a million years that anyone or any firm could take a truck as neat looking as a deuce and make it that butt ugly. Even the best automotive designers would have trouble coming up with an uglier truck.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Even the best automotive designers would have trouble coming up with an uglier truck.
The only thing on earth uglier than an M35A3 is a '62 Dodge or Plymouth.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, the grill is totally jacked up. The headlights look stupid, the BO light is under the truck and the filler piece between the grill and bumper looks goofy. I do like the rims though though the CTIS has never been trouble free on any of the vehicles seeing active service.

alphadeltaromeo

Well, I don't think it's that ugly...wouldn't mind owning one either. I'd agree it isn't as gorgeous as an M35A2, but still...it's not that bad.

M1075

I am so glad to hear the disgust about the M35A3. I hope everyone here can agree to stay away from them, and I'll agree to take them in as refugees. rofl There is one on gl now btw...

FreightTrain

Banned
what I don't understands is why they changed the grill.Wouldn't it have been cheaper and easier to just take the base truck and drop a new engine in,Tranny,the tire inflation system on the new rims and all the other small stuff.But the real question is,Why in the heck did they screw up a near perfect design by adding a computer controled engine,a automatic(there is no automatic that can last like a manual!),and all that other crap?I can see the inflation system and bigger single tires but the 465 is about bullet proof and so is the 5speed.What can actually go wrong with the combo?bullet though the block or trans case?so much more with the auto and Cat.Lose power your done.

rmgill

The different engine probably needed more cooling so they needed a wider radiator and wanted the headlights pushed further out so you could get better spacing. I suspect the black out drive lamp is more useful where it's not illuminating the top of the bumper, not that the driver can see any of it. The small spots under the bumper look like IR lamps which I don't think are standard.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
True, but the BO light might not last long when off road :D I know Jeep guys that mount rock-spotter lamps under their rigs for night time. They are constantly getting ripped off.

rmgill

The BO Light is pretty protected given how it's recessed in the bumper. If somethings getting through that bumper then it's probably going to do a number on the grill too!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oh shoot, you're right, I was looking at the lights underneath, which you said are IR spots. Are those for night driving in pitch dark with goggles on?

rmgill

I think that's the idea. They look like they're off of an AFV so that trucks had some parts swapping going on or something. Could most likely be for convoy's at night and using IR for driving. Plus the extra IR light helps you see details on the road you might miss using just ambient light.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks