• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Combat wheels, FMTV wheels, HEMTT wheels

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Does any one know where I would get o ring for spit rim on m1088 or the part number
Oring number is an OR420 or OR420A. Found on ebay, haltec.com or from gemplers. Email Techserv@gemplers . com

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

63ragtop

on a m54a2 using HEMTT wheels for 16's is the best for the front from reading here, but i would like to know how they work in the rear tandem axles? i would guess they would be a little too far inward? maybe with the rear hubs flipped might work? the moral of my issue is being able to rotate wheels and also having a spare to work on all wheel locations.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
on a m54a2 using HEMTT wheels for 16's is the best for the front from reading here, but i would like to know how they work in the rear tandem axles? i would guess they would be a little too far inward? maybe with the rear hubs flipped might work? the moral of my issue is being able to rotate wheels and also having a spare to work on all wheel locations.
You can run them in all locations. The track will not be off that much at all. 1600s on a 5ton wont need to be rotated for atleast 25k miles as they wear really slow due to their load rating. Basically 2 tires can easily support the weight of the whole truck on their own.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 939 series with singles are "flipped". The space between them gets small, but I think will articulate...except tire into the bed frame. Sure...use combat. The 395's work for me.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So which is the best way to go putting 16r's on an 800 series, combat wheels with spacers or longer studs and HEMTT wheels
Hemtt wheels require longer studs or the shouldered lug nut. The hemtt wheels are on the steer for better offset and turning so they don't rub. Normal combat 5 ton wheels or LMTV wheels will work on the rear with standard studs and lug nuts

Rangerinv

Hemtt wheels require longer studs or the shouldered lug nut. The hemtt wheels are on the steer for better offset and turning so they don't rub. Normal combat 5 ton wheels or LMTV wheels will work on the rear with standard studs and lug nuts
So a shouldered lug will keep you from having to change the studs, awesome thanks. Now all I have to do is find nuts and then find wheels at not too ridiculous price...lol

ROCKWELL-C60

Shouldered lug will keep hemett wheel on but stud still not quite flush with nut. DOT requires stud stick out past a certain amount so I machined the raised part off the thimble. Now i have plenty of stud sticking through and it looks boss too with big studs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks