• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Combining of Stanadyne additive and Power Service?

iacucv

Hey guys, starting to get chilly at night in the Midwest. I did a lot of reading recently on diesel additives for our CUCVs. In my former m1008 I always ran Power Service for anti gel in the winter. After reading how much better some say their cucv ran after using the Stanadyne additive I picked some up but the m1009 has been parked getting as much preventative maintenance as possible. Now I'm wondering if the Stanadyne and power service will play well together, use one or the other or both? I'd really like to continue use of the Stanadyne to help lube the IP. It is original, and I'd like to have it rebuilt but want to wait until next year so anything that makes its job easier would be good. Thoughts and experience appreciated. Thanks guys!

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would run it and not think twice about it.

Its not like combining the two makes acid.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't agree on just two stroke. Look at how much cetane level has gone down since the 70/80's . 40 is what the pump says now and believe the level was 50 back then. I only use Stanadyne in anything I run.

I agree on the c tane, I was addressing the lubrication. I use a c tane boost / antigel and 2 stroke. 2 stroke is cheaper than the other. In the summer I don't run antigel or c tane boost. I do run kerosene if it's priced close, and use the c tane boost with diesel if towing.

Last edited:

Sapper55

Howdy,
I read your previous comment, and agree. I was told by an old mechanic about adding about a half a quart of 30 weight motor oil to my 1009's fuel tank when I refill it to help adding carbon and help lube the injector pump and each injector. What's your take on that? Thanks.
Sapper

ENGINEERS!!!

Bill W

I've been using both Power service "Diesel Kleen" and "Stanadyne jr" together in my deuce for years and so far so good.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
I read your previous comment, and agree. I was told by an old mechanic about adding about a half a quart of 30 weight motor oil to my 1009's fuel tank when I refill it to help adding carbon and help lube the injector pump and each injector. What's your take on that? Thanks.
Sapper

ENGINEERS!!!
Anything helps. The last report two cycle was just real high on the list. I go to the Gainesville dump and as they have recycled oils and paints you can have if you use it. I have found almost full Gal. of two stroke.
Motor oil in unopened bottles I grab fast too.

Last edited:

TGP (IL)

I've been using both Power service "Diesel Kleen" and "Stanadyne jr" together in my deuce for years and so far so good.
Diesel kleen is not an anti gel.
However in your location I would not think you would need much of one.

I run Stanadyne in everything here.
In the winter I continue to use it and a healthy dose of Power Service Supplement (white bottle)

Tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks