• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

combo 10 ton/ m62

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nope, the m62 has 1 piston under the boom. That one looks like a 543 style, with boom pistons on the outside. Nice truck, shame the red faded.

AMGeneral

Looks like that was a M125 cargo truck(front mounted winch),not a bad conversion job,shame they did it to a 125 as rare as they are.All in all still a good looking truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks to still be a gasser. I'd take it although I'd only be able to afford to run it a few hours a month.

Bryan45

A guy up the road from me has a M125. It doesn't run right now. He has a new motor to put in it, but hasn't got to it yet. He's going to use his 5 ton crane truck (M816 maybe?) to do the swap.

IT"S HUGE!

redass73

HighPoint garage bought it.. think they are in New Jersey.they have several large wreckers and a few other military wreckers.. I saw it in a post on tow411.net.
i dont know how to post a link..sorry

Cdub

Hey Guys,

Both Roadmasters and High Point towing are large towing companies in my area.
I was so surprised to see the first pic with the Roadmasters paint job. I see there trucks towing on the road all the time. I had contacted both of them when I was going to Maine to pick up Sharlene from Schott's.....but decided to go with Underdog towing instead.

Cheers,

C'dub

Cdub

redass73 said:
I believe that Roadmasters sold several trucks at auction. not for sure if they closed/sold out or what.
I heard not to long ago that they closed up shop because of the IRS. I've gone by the old body shop and tow building and can't believe my eyes. Roadmasters is gone out of business. They had a huge body shop and a very well known towing business. I would have to say they were one of the top leaders in Northern Jersey. He had some of the nicest and most capable trucks to do what ever task they were called upon to do. They were an Icon and much respected company.

Their trucks are spread out all over now. They still had the crested American Eagle on the door with the trucks painted up in the US red, white and blue. They even had a slogan that read " Pulling For America " painted on the trucks.

I myself have seen a few of their trucks in and around Bergen County in different tow yards as well as on Da'bay.

seya,

C'dub

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Bryan45 said:
A guy up the road from me has a M125. It doesn't run right now. He has a new motor to put in it, but hasn't got to it yet. He's going to use his 5 ton crane truck (M816 maybe?) to do the swap.

IT"S HUGE!
Hey Bryan, is his name Kevin? If so, I know the truck you are talking about.

hpgtowing

10 Ton mack / Austin Westerm M- 816

Hello..I own the Roadmaster Military wrecker now... We done allot of work to this truck.. It is one of a kind... Large and in charge! It is for sale if anyone is interested? If interested please call my cell (201) 522-4936 Thanks.. Steve

Attachments

hpgtowing

The truck will run about 50 MPH.. We have recently done allot of work to this truck... Tune up.. Electrical.. Batteries.. Fuel pumps.. Removed, Repaired & Cleaned fuel tanks..
Had the pump on the boom winch re-sealed.. Made a headliner.. New Daul Exhaust .. and much more.. Thanks.. Steve

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks