• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coming Attraction - project #6 M43 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

I could tell ya how many buckets of sweat from the heat I have into it working on it in these temps.

I have no clue how to resize pics or photo shop them (I even had to look that up to spell it right)

Unloading sand from my poor 96 Dodge Stratus trunk this morning - I use that car like I would an ole pickup - I abuse it bad and still clicking 225,000 plus miles on er.
Wonder If I can fit engine parts in it when I head to PB's ???? maybe if I remove the back seat ??

Cleaning up the sand blaster today (still taking care of our 4 grandsons till end of today - so work will be light and playing with them plentiful.[thumbzup]

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I could tell ya how many buckets of sweat from the heat I have into it working on it in these temps.
I have no clue how to resize pics or photo shop them (I even had to look that up to spell it right)
Unloading sand from my poor 96 Dodge Stratus trunk this morning - I use that car like I would an ole pickup - I abuse it bad and still clicking 225,000 plus miles on er.Wonder If I can fit engine parts in it when I head to PB's ???? maybe if I remove the back seat ??
Cleaning up the sand blaster today (still taking care of our 4 grandsons till end of today - so work will be light and playing with them plentiful.[thumbzup]
Not to worry Sir!!

We can set the pallet on the roof with the forklift!roflroflrofl
:grd:

zout

TWM - I ripped everything I had out (nearly) as I was not satisfied with how it laid out. SO I started all over and mid way through - this was the temp in the work area.

From here I will final finish from the seal out - then remove the pop up vent (Did I mentions PIA pop up vent) and work by hand on the sealing area.

I pulled the tape off the data plates and gauges and did not do anything more till the paint cures to get in the cab.

I really need to get this area done before I even think about working on the roof next or moving onto the back end (but I did pull the other upper bed out and cleaned everything loose out. I am not working on the back end - I am tinkering with it rofl.

Some day I want to grow up and learn how to work on stuff !

Yes the other pics have something to do with MV's - first time the 10 yr old drove - let him take the ole car down to the garage so I could unload the sand - he was pissed when I woke him up at 7:30 till he found out what he got to do for the first time. Isn't life grand.:driver:

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout, the cowl looks good from my perspective. I really share your pain on the popup vent. At 106 temp, if you install a rubber seal and press the vent against it, it should form up really nice. I did mine in the winter and used a heat gun. If I didn't, it would have stayed up there like a ski ramp.

Good thing your grandson was wearing a bathing suit because he probably would have peed his pants when he got to drive. I let my 12 year old granddaughter and my 10 year old grandson drive the JD Gator when they come but the truck will have to wait. You obviously are a man on unlimited patience.

I am working on the hood on my deuce today with a knotted cup brush and grinder. I should be getting a new bodacious coalescer filter tomorrow courtesy of UPS. Then I will switch to the blaster. Unfortunately it is just a siphon set up.

Keep the updates coming as they make my day. Have a great 4th. I used to live in Dunwoody and have relatives in Reynolds Plantation so maybe we can meet someday. I bet they would chit if I drove up in a deuce with my golf clubs in the back.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Diesel prices stay like this and I may be looking for a shopping kart to head to and fro to PB"S = do I need dual karts to haul engine parts ?

Ya know what?
You've done such an outstanding job bringing the M43 back to life I think I just might bring the engine parts to ya!![thumbzup]
Then again...I may just bring a whole engine and take your parts home.:wink:

Er...wait...is your subdivision still off limits to me? Can you arrange safe passage?
Don't wanna get "detained"roflrofl

Anyhoo...we will do what's needed to:
:grd::grd::grd::grd:

zout

That may call for a BBQ [thumbzup]

The pickett has been pulled back to the advance retreat line and we are holding ground from the firebase. All roads in and out are well covered.

Did get the sandblaster cleaned out today for a thorough butt kicking on the ambulance section - as soon as I am done with the cowl/vent area - still deciding on the temp thing of getting back on that hot a** roof - it is enevitable.
Once you see a pic of what is UP there - you will understand.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where was that thermometer? If you just removed it from yourear, you have a fever!

The pics of the boy driving, reminds me of when I "made" my 9 year old nephew drive a car around the farm. Once he had the basics down I remember I told him to stop and do a 3 point turn. He said," Ah, I'm only 9 uncle Eric, do I really need to learn that now?" My reply, Yes...

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Zout I'm afraid I've made a horrible mistake!!:eek: Seems like I delivered the wrong M43 to you!:shock::shock::shock:

Don't worry though...I'll fix it, I'll swap em out tomorrow.:razz:

What time do you leave for work??:driver::doh:

zout

Someone wispered in your ear not to do what you were thinking of doing - as you just may want to let someone play with your 43. That someone is on the countdown to this one - and you know how I like my projects.

Seeing as I got my stripes pull on post counts when I asked DH to remove my M109 build thread - the posts went with it (no big deal).
But saying: Another build thread and pics will get me on the move again.

I never sleep and I have the 43 protected with a perimeter of nasty Zout tricks.:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What you need is a pack of attack Chihuahua's. 1st the bark like mad, then they consume the offender from the ankles up.

Status
Not open for further replies.