• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coming Attraction - project #6 M43 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danger Ranger

I think maybe we should put you in the middle east, Zout.......it is cooler there, and the sand blasting is free. lolroflrofl

Disclaimer: I know this was a borderline sensitive comment (with location), but try to see it as I do---a joke. Thanks to the service men and women there, dealing with the climate.

zout

Got back from DG and had an absolute great time.

Went back down to the garage as the sound of the M43 was calling my name. When we left for DQ it was 104 on outside temp gauge on the van. I know my little digital thermometer melted where I had it so I can no longer bore you with pics of how warm it is any longer.

Sifted sand - dragged out the pressure blaster and started in again on the interior - so - here ya go.

Attachments

zout

WELL ! This outta just pucker ya up PB

Ambulance section totally blasted and blown out.
Roof was done yesterday.
You outta try driving the 109 hooked to the 43 and moving it by your self - now that was a task.

Got it moved in front of the garage for the Finali - and you know what that means.

Blew out the rear more as the sand will drop for months even after this I am sure.
Primered almost the entire back end as well.

TWM - there is the front for you as you asked to see this pic.

Will finish the rear primering and get onto pressure washing the frame and diff's along with the transfer case. Will also get er up on jack stands so the wheels can be removed for a full brake inspection/repair.

I only have 1 gallon of the SW paint left so I will have to get some more ordered for exterior painting day ahead. The paint for the ambulance section is already aquired and is teasing me sitting on the bench.

4th of July is our Birthday and I am not doing a dog gone thing except try to blow my fingers off and relax - this has been a very hard work weekend in the heat and I busted a** to get as much done as possible.
Hope you like the pics and the status of the work.

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great Zout. I could never do justice to the cowl area like you did. I must be a pussy. I wear a mask and a hood while blasting. By the way, I picked up 4 fifty pound bags of recycled glass media (70-120 grit) at Northern Equipment this week. I am using it in my blast cabinet and siphon blaster and it works super. Blasted and painted a AK47 today that I built and it came out nice. Keep up the steller work and I will tip a Crown for you on the 4th.

zout

Couple better shots of the ambulance section.

Plasma cutting the plates for filling of the window holes now in the inside.

Pressure wash tomorrow night the inside engine compartment frame area and front diff.

Fingers crossed I can get the inside of the ambulance in paint by end of the weekend. Also have the engine compartment painted.
:driver::driver::driver::driver:

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Outstanding job troop!!! You deserve some R&R.:):)

Carl (CAMO) is home from Afghanistanbannastand and we are gonna celebrate in true CAMO fashion Saturday, 7/9/11....unfortunately...he's decided to go back.:(:(

You, Deb and Lorie...and the baby need to come on down so we can corrupt you some more!:shock:

That ole M43 can wait...this is a "Flash Traffic" priority!fat lady sings

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW, WOW, WOW,
What progress, I am truly impressed.
But, should you not slow down and really ENJOY the work, you are hitting this like a wild man.......fat lady sings

zout

Some days I look in the mirror and say "Dave" - Dave's my name ya know
I say Dave - ya need to give yourself a break - so I take a few minutes break and go right after it again.

Squirt - I really do enjoy the pace I work at believe it or not - its the only speed I know - balls to the wall. I find little things almost nightly as I go back working on it that I really never picked out and thought about.

I mostly sit back if I do take a break from the work and just stare at it and wonder if PB was just outta his frickin mind selling me this one - it IS a REALLY nice 43 with all the little trinkets to it.

TWM - I said it a long time ago - I came in this world bloody and I plan to go out even bloodier - its just my speed.

Talked with the paint mixer today and hopefully by this weekend I will have 4 gallons of paint there to actually work with instead of screwing around. That means I need to get the lead out and get the small stuff blasted yet this week.
Nothing important here to read - just my dribble.

Danger Ranger

Zout's new theme song: Alabama- I'm In A Hurry (And Don't Know Why)

I'm in a hurry to get things done
Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun
All I really gotta do is live and die
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why

Don't know why I have to drive so fast
My car has nothing to prove
It's not new
But it'll do zero to sixty in five point two

Can't be late, I leave in plenty of time
Shakin' hands with the clock
I can't stop
I'm on a roll and I'm ready to rock

Oh, I hear a voice
That says I'm running behind
Better pick up my pace
It's a race and there ain't no room for someone in second place

But I'm in a hurry and don't know why.

If you're not first you're last! hehe!

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout, If you are like me you lie awake at night thinking about solutions for the tasks ahead and improvements you could have made for the things you just did. Both tend to work themselves out.

zout

Before & after pics of the interior cut out window sections the CD did.

Made plates with the ends angled to slip inside to give a secure weld and stability. I will grind the welds down and get this finished up before painting of course.

Also pressure washed the engine bay - frame rails inside and out along with the diff's.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.