• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coming Attraction - project #6 M43 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

The roof gets a 64 in sw white sq - The cross is 60 in with 20 in bands

The sides gets a 39 in white sq - The cross is 36 in with 13 in bands

Rear door is 36 sq white - the cross is 33 in with 12 in bands

I have all the paint to finish the 24052 along with the white for the squares which is the same color I sprayed the interior. I also have the Gloss Red for the cross's. All I need is time.

I have the dimensions for the placements of the white patterns from the past postings here - along with the proper colors.

zout

above the windshield line
Word AMBULANCE will be marked in a 3 inch high white letters - centered 3/4's of an inch above the windshield.

A 3 in Red Cross on a 4 inch sq white field will be marked to each side of an in line with the word AMBULANCE.

If you take the white field Sq of the 4 inch pattern and divide that into 3rds - that equals of width of red cross legss. This is the same for all the white fields with the red cross.

zout

I did NOT get the Military grade paint that has their specific additives in it for chemical resistance - etc etc etc.
The paint I had mixed was a polyurethance with SW POLANE catalyst and POLANE reducers. Event the 24052 semi gloss green.

To help anyone with any of these colors here are the paint codes from SW. This will get you codes to get this into PPG - or whatever else brand you want in a straight polyurethance paint from a Sherwin Williams outlet - or a paint mixer.

7129-6882 = Gallon = F63TXG = F63TXG21727-4302 - semi gloss od

7050-4673 = GALLON = F63BXW = F63BXW21722-4302 - gloss white

7048-6671 = GALLON = F63BXR = F63BXR21723-4302 - gloss red

Reducer for only this grade
530-2658 = R7K84 polane reducer

Catalyst for only this grade
500-1318 = V66V27

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout, I think you should seriously consider a reality show which shares your talents with all of us who are not worthy to restore MV's or any other object for that matter. Amazing.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Zout, I think you should seriously consider a reality show which shares your talents with all of us who are not worthy to restore MV's or any other object for that matter. Amazing.
I agree.
Too bad the title "Extreme Makeover" is taken.

Not to add any pressure...but the engine will be headed that way within a week or so.:beer:.

Attachments

zout

Cross's get sprayed tomorrow.
All the straps for the interior were cleaned today - removed all the old paint that was on the fabric and the buckles.

Cleaned all the curtains from all the paint and will get them back in place tomorrow as well as both the stretchers hung back up.

You gotta see this Red - it is awesome.

I have had major internet problems all week with AT&T and still not totally correct.

But I did see on Marks thread about the engine being available in a week or so - I never thougth about it as I knew PB had this on his mind [thumbzup] Plus I just needed to get the rest of this stuff done and it just would have been sitting here.

Status
Not open for further replies.